Confirmed with Link: Wilson, Knight & McKegg re-signed, 1y 2-way

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
That's good. Wilson will get some time with the big club this season and I look for him to be here full time in 16-17 season once Thornton's contract is done.

Knight has a long ways to go to get NHL minutes. He was very inconsistent once he got to SA last year. He's got to focus and work his butt off if he ever wants to make it to the NHL. For some reason I think he just assumed he was NHL caliber since he left the NCAA.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Goodness you had me worried for a sec.

2ui81hy.gif

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Wilson is a fantastic AHL player. Terrible NHL player.
He's a fine semi enforcer fourth line player. He'd have to really notch it up in the skill and skating dept to get beyond that. Can score if given the opportunity in front of the net. Plays a smart two way game.

RatKingBolland*

It's going to be Sharp or nothing, for a lot of posters, here.

Nothing wrong with that. Some simply don't care for AHL'ers, 4th liners. It does not make you a better fan if you care either, like some poster seem to think.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
glad we resigned wilson. he's a solid player who can step into the 4th line at anytime.

+1.

While I don't see him having a NHL career with us/with anyone, I won't get worried if he gets brought up for the 4th line due to injuries.

4th liners may be low on the totem pole, but they still step onto the ice and I don't see Wilson as a liability on the ice.

I never thought he was terrible. Just another guy who didn't make any plays/mistakes.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
+1.

While I don't see him having a NHL career with us/with anyone, I won't get worried if he gets brought up for the 4th line due to injuries.

4th liners may be low on the totem pole, but they still step onto the ice and I don't see Wilson as a liability on the ice.

I never thought he was terrible. Just another guy who didn't make any plays/mistakes.

exactly. :nod:

if howden is on the 4th line lw, wilson will have a good chance to play a few games with the big dawgs :laugh:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
he's too slow to play at this level.

shame. if he was even an average skater he'd make a great fourth liner.

didn't say great, i said soild. + he's not even in the line-up but a fine player who can step into the 4th line at anytime without making a fool of himself.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
didn't say great, i said soild. + he's not even in the line-up but a fine player who can step into the 4th line at anytime without making a fool of himself.

with his foot speed, he's not even a solid fourth liner is my point.

as an injury call-up? fine, whatever, but he shouldn't be getting any kind of consistent play at the nhl level.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
so i guess tallon interrupted his summer vacation to get this done. at least we know he's still around, somewhere.:laugh:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Nothing wrong with that. Some simply don't care for AHL'ers, 4th liners. It does not make you a better fan if you care either, like some poster seem to think.

It's very early into the off season. These signings will happen. I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about when it comes to being a better fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad