Wilson dirty hit to head on Brandon Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
It's interesting because Wilson kind of ate an elbow on the way in too. Hard to give this guy the benefit of the doubt though.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He didn't pump his feet so no charging. He didn't raise his elbow so no elbowing. He didn’t hit the head the glass did so no hit to the head. Carlo had the puck so no interference. So whats the penalty guys? I thought everybody wanted some good ol rock em sock em back in the game. Then they bitch when they do.
Yeah I'm at a loss. Suspending the name on the back of the jersey and not the hit, because there's nothing to suspend there. If it's punishable, regular game penalties would take care of it.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
That's one way to say I like when a certain teams players get head injuries. Pretty cowardly but predictable take.

I was referring to the point that no one did anything on that hit other then a slight headlock. Bruins fans love to tout 'Big Bad Bruins" over the last decade when they're team was jumping teams and throwing dirty hits but now its all "where's the suspension"

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Wow, you Bruins are soft. This is at max 2min penalty, not even that most of the time. What do you want Wilson to do here, nothing? He finished a check, shit happens.
"Potentially life altering injury to the head"
Get up softy, shit happens. I bet you're a happy person.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
OgbQ795.png

Shoulder to shoulder

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Even while hunched over, you gotta aim UP to hit Carlo in the head. He was practically aiming high while he was still at the bottom of the faceoff circle. Nasty hit, long suspension.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
This year, it looks like the league has reverted further back in trying to give every benefit of the doubt to the hitter.

Hitters like Wilson don't have enough accountability to change their ways, so these types of plays will continue.

As for this hit, I only saw it passingly with one replay, but it didn't look good.
Good. It's ridiculous how often players began turning their backs and what have you, despite knowing a hit was coming. It's a contact sport, and the players have become like babies.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
awkward hit, but nothing wrong except the outcome. Even the Boston intermission announcers are more angry he hit somebody vulnerable, then the actual hit.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The hit was completely unnecessary but let’s not pretend that if that was Jake Debrusk hitting Nick Jensen like that, Bruins fans would be screaming bloody murder, or this would even be a thread. Another example of people’s ire for Wilson making them over exaggerate every hit that he throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad