GDT: Willy Wonka and the hockey game, Oilers @ Devils 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
No GDT at 1:30 PM! I thought I had to stay up until midnight to have the honor of posting a GDT.​

Once again, there are alot of questions to be answered. So, can this team put together a 60-minute effort tonight Versus the high-flying Oilers?​

Will Lindy start Smith and tinker with the lines again?​

Will the fans be heading for the exits during the 2nd period?​

Will our beloved Devils fall further out of the playoff picture?​

Will Lindy not reveal his starting goaltender until this evening?​

Our coaching staff is working hard on the powerplay.​

And is Lindy a good or bad egg?​

These and other questions will be answered tonight. So hopefully all our hearts will be happy with a big golden win!​

Let's go devils.​

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I watched this fairly recently and I cannot believe Mr. Salt was 36-37 years old in this movie. He was younger than all of the other parents/guardians (other than Grandpa Joe) and younger than Gene Wilder. Mrs. Gloop was about 20 years older than him and didn't really look any older than he did.

It's no surprise he only lived to be 54, he looked 54 in this movie.

I immediately felt better about my aging appearance when I realized he was THAT much younger than me during this movie. And when I realize that Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker is the same age I am now in season one or two of All In the Family. He looked like an old man, but he didn't really age much from season one of that show until he died about 30 years later.

This team has not been kind on the aging process for me. I'll be seeing a cardiologist soon because of them. Somehow my recent blood work was all good.

I'm sure we'll get Pickard again, because this is a back to back for them. Unless they give us Skinner and the Rangers Pickard.

Perhaps they're already in ''Need to use the starter as much as possible'' territory because of their heater/coaching bump recently snapping and the fact they're 2 games below NHL 500.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
OH MY!

I love the wonka. Gotta bring back some gold

IMG_2550.png

IMG_2549.png

IMG_2551.png

IMG_2552.png

IMG_2553.png

IMG_2554.png

IMG_2555.png

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It took me until I was 20-something years old or maybe even older than that to realize Slugworth was a hired plant by Wonka and not an actual bad guy trying to con the children into bringing him an everlasting gobstopper in order to sabotage Wonka, with the promise of making their families wealthy.

At the end of the movie when he's in the office with him, I was under the impression this character had actually conned Wonka like he did all the children, other than Charlie.

I finally realized he was a plant by Wonka to test the loyalty and character of the children, when I was much older.

How the f*** did he know where every golden ticket was going to be found though? Dude was on site for EVERY golden ticket that was found and seen whispering into every child's ear seconds after they found it, and then cornering Charlie in the tunnel after he found his.

And I also thought it was funny how the kids come from all over the world to win a trip to the factory, yet Charlie just so happens to live in the same town as the chocolate factory? Now those are things you don't really pick up on when you watch the movie as a child.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And why are all the grandparents bed ridden?

Somehow Grandpa Joe gets out of bed for the first time in 20 years (or so it seems to be implied) when Charlie finds the golden ticket.

And they can't really afford to keep buying Wonka bars because they're very poor and need what little money they have for tobacco (LOL), I always enjoyed that line.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
And why are all the grandparents bed ridden?

Somehow Grandpa Joe gets out of bed for the first time in 20 years (or so it seems to be implied) when Charlie finds the golden ticket.

And they can't really afford to keep buying Wonka bars because they're very poor and need what little money they have for tobacco (LOL), I always enjoyed that line.
Top five movie villain
IMG_2556.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It took me until I was 20-something years old or maybe even older than that to realize Slugworth was a hired plant by Wonka and not an actual bad guy trying to con the children into bringing him an everlasting gobstopper in order to sabotage Wonka, with the promise of making their families wealthy.

At the end of the movie when he's in the office with him, I was under the impression this character had actually conned Wonka like he did all the children, other than Charlie.

I finally realized he was a plant by Wonka to test the loyalty and character of the children, when I was much older.

How the f*** did he know where every golden ticket was going to be found though? Dude was on site for EVERY golden ticket that was found and seen whispering into every child's ear seconds after they found it, and then cornering Charlie in the tunnel after he found his.

And I also thought it was funny how the kids come from all over the world to win a trip to the factory, yet Charlie just so happens to live in the same town as the chocolate factory? Now those are things you don't really pick up on when you watch the movie as a child.

“How the f*** did he know where every golden ticket was going to be found though? Dude was on site for EVERY golden ticket that was found and seen whispering into every child's ear seconds after they found it, and then cornering Charlie in the tunnel after he found his.”

Yes, this in fact makes no sense and wasn’t in the book.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
“How the f*** did he know where every golden ticket was going to be found though? Dude was on site for EVERY golden ticket that was found and seen whispering into every child's ear seconds after they found it, and then cornering Charlie in the tunnel after he found his.”

IMG_2562.jpeg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

They were planted. The same way the McDonalds monopoly game was rigged.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I truly don't understand why people keep trying to remake this movie. The original is a masterpiece.

Depp trying to force the awkward thing sucked. And with whoever this new dude is, I guarantee it will be what the kids call "cringe".
I feel like these movies are remade because they're ''Too old'' for the younger generations.

It's kind of like how kids (even when I was a kid) call a 10 year old song or sometimes not even 10 year old song ''Old'' and same with movies. The 2005 Wonka is probably considered ''REALLY OLDDDDDD'' to someone that's 20 years old (despite it not even being older than them lol) so the 1971 version is probably considered prehistoric, before Christ era type stuff to someone that young.

And this is not just the ''Kids today''. This is kids of every generation at the time they're kids.

I remember when Rocky movies were considered ''Old'' when I was in middle school and high school. People my age said stuff like ''Those movies are old as f***'', despite the fact that most of those movies were made after we were born.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Love the theme of the GDT!

Would love a win too. Probably need to start Christmas shopping tonight so I won't be as dialed in but that should help my mental state after the last two games.

Just get 2 points and go from there.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I feel like these movies are remade because they're ''Too old'' for the younger generations.

It's kind of like how kids (even when I was a kid) call a 10 year old song or sometimes not even 10 year old song ''Old'' and same with movies. The 2005 Wonka is probably considered ''REALLY OLDDDDDD'' to someone that's 20 years old (despite it not even being older than them lol) so the 1971 version is probably considered prehistoric, before Christ era type stuff to someone that young.

And this is not just the ''Kids today''. This is kids of every generation at the time they're kids.

I remember when Rocky movies were considered ''Old'' when I was in middle school and high school. People my age said stuff like ''Those movies are old as f***'', despite the fact that most of those movies were made after we were born.
It’s an attempt to get parents who liked the original to take their kids to what amounts to a nostalgia trip.

Apparently the new one is not a remake but a prequel to the original. Though I’m not sure the story about how Wonka enslaved and forcibly deported an entire native population needs to be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad