Post-Game Talk: Willy Wild Styles 2-1 OT

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
*Samsonov was good, but I find he's going to his knees quite quickly. I wonder if that is a tactic the new goalie coach is instilling?
*I said it last game, and again tonight, Timothy Liljegren has to be the strongest defenseman we have. If he gets you along the boards, you ain't getting past him. Solid outing.
*Willy, need anything be said.
*ROR at the dot is a beast.
*Dubas, please find a taker for Engvall and Kerfoot. They are not bad players, solid defensively, can break the puck out of our zone, but for the love of god they contribute so little to offense.

*While a boring game, I appreciate the effort the boys put together tonight. In a tough game, against a stingy opponent, they played hard and responsibly. I like that.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Unbelievable play by Nylander.

Give this man some love, seriously.

Boring game but this is the kind of play to expect on the playoffs, so we need to get used to it.

Liked Timmins game tonight and Liljegren is growing before our eyes into an excellent defender.
Good call with the D. I liked timmins mobility. Looked more confident. Helps when you get ice time. Lilly is a top 2 d. Next year forsure. Plenty of poise.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
*Samsonov was good, but I find he's going to his knees quite quickly. I wonder if that is a tactic the new goalie coach is instilling?
*I said it last game, and again tonight, Timothy Liljegren has to be the strongest defenseman we have. If he gets you along the boards, you ain't getting past him. Solid outing.
*Willy, need anything be said.
*ROR at the dot is a beast.
*Dubas, please find a taker for Engvall and Kerfoot. They are not bad players, solid defensively, can break the puck out of our zone, but for the love of god they contribute so little to offense.

*While a boring game, I appreciate the effort the boys put together tonight. In a tough game, against a stingy opponent, they played hard and responsibly. I like that.
Great post 👌👍

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Marner Beaut
Willy MVP
JT good
Matthews just Ok (at least offensively) but it’s obvious he’s gotta be nursing something

Reactions: Teeder Keon

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
The wild play dull hockey. Glad we got the win at least. The team hasn't been firing on all cilinders lately and i think things could use a bit of a shake up. Reilly has looked really bad defensively to me. He along with Holl have terrible gap control. They need defensive anchors on their lines or to not be playing (Holl). Matthews needs the spark of Marner back on his wing. I saw Kerfoot throw a body check and get involved in a net front scrum tonight for the first time ever. He can stay in for now but has to keep it up. I'ts different but I think could really work well and give us great depth. Playoffs i'd like to see:

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
O'Rielly - Tavares - Jarnkrok (Hopefully another TDL pick up)
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
ZAR - Acciari - Kerfoot

Rielly - Brodie
Giordano - Liljigren
Sandin - Timmins

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Nylander is definitely the Leafs biggest game breaking scorer. He's come in pretty damn clutch a number of times this season with his finesse, skill and speed. Marner might be the only other guy on the team that can take matters into his own hands and win it on his own.

Also Liljegren starting in OT continues to pay off and he looks so solid in 3 vs 3 play and keeps showing that he needs more ice time.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Great win.
Awful game.

Not awful because it wasn't executed well... Minny know how they have to play to win against a team like ours. Just absurdly low chance and slow paced. BUT...

...loved the patience and stick-to-it-ness that the boys showed. I thought we were loose with the puck at times, but really didn't allow much, and even the goal against was a fluke.

This Leafs team has the makings of a we-can-play-any-way-you-want-to-play and still beat you. If they choose to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad