Player Discussion William Nylander

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
How bad and stupid would all the $hit talkers feel if, God forbid Nylander had something more wrong with his body than just migranes???

Regardless of hockey 🏒
I hope Nylander recovers fully and is healthy and happy before anything else

GLG
Oh for sure. Those posters deserved to be called out and torched.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Nylander must have been playing through milder migrains before, many times. But you cant play through a sever migrain. It is personal how they impact off course. My better half cant even speak or stand up when it happens. Scary stuff.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Reminds me of Nolan Patrick who had to retire before his career even got started due to migraines. I just hope this is not going to be something that is just gonna get worse for Willy or he might end up missing a lot more time in the future. Not fun for him at all. Hopefully he is feeling much better and we see him back in on Saturday

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
My guess on what happened:

He was playing at the end of the year and didnt want to rest due to getting 100 points and possibly getting a bonus for it

He was dealing with some headaches but kept playing but he possibly got hit last game of the year and it got worse .. turned into migrains/concussion symptoms

didnt report any of the headaches at end of the year cuz he wanted to get 100 points / bonus

tells the team after season and thats why hes been out

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
My guess on what happened:

He was playing at the end of the year and didnt want to rest due to getting 100 points and possibly getting a bonus for it

He was dealing with some headaches but kept playing but he possibly got hit last game of the year and it got worse .. turned into migrains/concussion symptoms

didnt report any of the headaches at end of the year cuz he wanted to get 100 points / bonus

tells the team after season and thats why hes been out

What bonus, Columbo?

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Annoyingly there's video of him taking a walk around Yonge and St. Clair (with his dog + a woman) now circulating on social which I'm sure the media are going to have a field day with. Annoying because the media will likely blow it into something that it's not.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
migraines are no laughing matter.
Trust me….I went decades with them being so bad that I couldn’t get out of bed or have any lights on.

And it’s dumb ….yes dumb to think he would of played if he had to play for a contract

Maybe the last few weeks of season he tried to tough it out.

In all honesty …it drains you physically and mentally

If someone hasn’t experienced these types of migraines they have no clue

It’s like years ago about depression…can’t see it …must not exist

My parents had the same view…till my son committed suicide ….

I wish people were not so easy to place judgement

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
performance bonus stronz

Not all players are eligible for Performance Bonuses, and to receive a bonus within their contract, a player must meet one of the following criteria:
The player is on an entry-level contract.
The player has signed a one-year contract and is over 35 years old.
The player has signed a one-year contract after returning from a long-term injury (has played 400 or more games, and spent 100 or more days on the Injured Reserve in the last year of their most recent contract).

Oh the performance bonus he’s not eligible for you mean.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
That's why the optics look horrible though.

This is what we know:

• Nylander has never missed a playoff game in his 8 year career
  • Nylander has secured the most expensive contract in Leafs history
  • Nylander has played every single regular season game this season without missing a shift
  • 2 days after the regular season ended, Nylander became a game-time decision
  • Nylander has been a game-time decision for a week straight

Healthy player, played all 82 games, secured his retirement contract and now isn't healthy enough for the playoffs.

I don't disagree that he's not 100% - but neither was Matthew Tkachuk when he played with a broken sternum and the 4 Florida players who played with broken bones throughout the playoffs.

The optics don't look good for Nylander and I can't blame the fans for being negative based on what we do know.
National Enquirerer

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Unfortunate timing as he has just been signed. And Leafs will have to deal with this for a long time.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Still don't understand how he is able to practice with debilitating migraines. (without a non contact jersey no less)

Reactions: TimeZone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad