Player Discussion William Nylander

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

• Wow
Reactions: PromisedLand

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
It may be naive but I'm going to give Will Nye the benefit of the doubt and say he was practicing because he was doing exactly what many people in this thread said he should do: trying to "suck it up" and play through it.

He's going to return Saturday, score the gwg on his way to a 3 point night and a series tie. ;)

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Triptans + Percocet + lie down + avoid triggers has always been my remedy. I always suspected the triptans to cause rebounds but I can't take them anyway anymore, after having a stroke. My most common trigger is neck strain and that's hard to avoid playing hockey. Just taking a shot could trigger it. Hopefully he's got a good neurologist who can check him out.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
If we're at the point with Nylander where the organization is trying to get word out that they are having troubles diagnosing the issue, I think it's time we adjust our expectations of when we see him.

Would not surprise me if we don't see him for quite some time now. Can you go from an undiagnosed head injury, with accompanying headaches etc., to playing hockey, within 2 or 3 days? That sounds like reckless management of a player's health.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Did he get hit in game 81 or 82?
Lightning fan here in peace: Eyssimont hit him in Game 75 in Toronto with a hard, clean, but nowhere near Kronwall/Stevens/Kasparaitis level hit. If you keyword search "Eyssimont Nylander" on Twitter, you will find it quickly, believe TicTacOmar tweeted it when it happened.

No clue if that started the issues but it's the hit I remember later in the year that caught Nylander

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He has had previous concussion issues. I remember a few years ago he really had his bell rung.

world juniors one? or it happened again later? Head injuries can be problematic.

I'd rather Nylander not play and get this sorted out to see whats going on with his health

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Willy is broken, Marner is not himself, Auston is sick, and JT is ready for the retirement home? We are so f***ed.

Reactions: HolyCrap

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This makes sense. I forgot he suffered from these, and was the precipice for him to start using a tinted visor.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Lightning fan here in peace: Eyssimont hit him in Game 75 in Toronto with a hard, clean, but nowhere near Kronwall/Stevens/Kasparaitis level hit. If you keyword search "Eyssimont Nylander" on Twitter, you will find it quickly, believe TicTacOmar tweeted it when it happened.

No clue if that started the issues but it's the hit I remember later in the year that caught Nylander
Could be a cumulation of hits as he played 7 games after that and was skating well.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Triptans + Percocet + lie down + avoid triggers has always been my remedy. I always suspected the triptans to cause rebounds but I can't take them anyway anymore, after having a stroke. My most common trigger is neck strain and that's hard to avoid playing hockey. Just taking a shot could trigger it. Hopefully he's got a good neurologist who can check him out.

Many people get them, however not all are created equal.
One of my workmates gets them, and at one time was off work a month. And we don't have a lot of physical meetings.

I get fewer now, and mine are visual, very little pain, but can't work if you can't see.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
You really think the Leafs give a crap if a player has a headache?

Screenshot_20240425-151248.png

Maybe they just want to protect their new eight year mega-million dollar commitment more than they were worried Kase would get killed playing hockey.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
say what now?
In his time here Gregor has always been a possession type player. And of all the players in the system, skates as fluid as Willy. Not as fast, but quite capable of possession hockey with poise. In the 3 games thus far we hit the panic button more often than the Bruins. Proving that we need Willy badly and if not Willy, someone similar...

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I recall it being reported in the offseason Willie was dealing with migraines in the past. Apparently the bright lights on the ice/around the arena were a factor. Also apparently, he switched to a tinted visor to help alleviate.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
How bad and stupid would all the $hit talkers feel if, God forbid Nylander had something more wrong with his body than just migranes???

Regardless of hockey 🏒
I hope Nylander recovers fully and is healthy and happy before anything else

GLG

Reactions: Kazparov and Jojalu

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Willy is broken, Marner is not himself, Auston is sick, and JT is ready for the retirement home? We are so f***ed.
Lol and the Bruins are still a trash skeleton of a team... If Domi can humble himself and Tavares can try and not get in the way of goals at the very least... I still think the Leafs have a great chance to win the series imho

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
People suddenly defending medical privacy is also hilarious.
Lol.

Well said.

If Nylander was unsigned still does anyone think he'd be sitting?
Yes.

This is just ridiculous. He has missed almost zero games in his career.

He has talked numerous times about wanting to win in Toronto.

It would be killing him that he is missing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad