Player Discussion William Nylander

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
There is no conspiracy, he’s hurt and the team isn’t saying what’s hurt

That’s kind of all there is here. I read read 3 pages of absolutely nothing looking for any reliabl-ish info and I have totally wasted my time

Hopefully the next poor fool who checks the last post reads this and doesn’t bother reading the other 350 posts
Thanks!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I could buy the concussion/migraines. Rantanen had a concussion near the end of the regular season and only missed like 2 games.

Hopefully hes back for game 4.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
I can’t believe he’s still out. This is the strangest injury ever.
It is a total piss off. Doesn't do much to change the perception of him in the fan base, which I recognize is somewhat unfair. The team has done him no favours by keeping the story behind his injury a mystery.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
It is a total piss off. Doesn't do much to change the perception of him in the fan base, which I recognize is somewhat unfair. The team has done him no favours by keeping the story behind his injury a mystery.
Yeah its ridiculous. guy doesn't miss a game since 2016, plays quite badly for the last few weeks like he's checked out, coach says "willie just wants to start the playoffs", then he doesnt play in 3 straight games...

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Nothing makes sense.

If he's not ready to play today (Wednesday), he shouldn't have been skating on Sunday and Monday.

He definitely should not have been skating without a red jersey on.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Nothing makes sense.

If he's not ready to play today (Wednesday), he shouldn't have been skating on Sunday and Monday.

Is it mandatory to wear the non contact jersey?

Or is that just for media during the regular season?

The practicing, then not playing is only making sense if he is not getting cleared?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Is it mandatory to wear the non contact jersey?

Or is that just for media during the regular season?

The practicing, then not playing is only making sense if he is not getting cleared?

No, it's not mandatory.

However, you use it to instantly alert the others on the ice not to touch that player.

You don't have Reaves crushing players in practice, but they also won't go well out of their way to avoid contact either.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
No, it's not mandatory.

However, you use it to instantly alert the others on the ice not to touch that player.

You don't have Reaves crushing players in practice, but they also won't go well out of their way to avoid contact either.
I would assume they would all know and be careful around him, but I guess you can't take that chance

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
you think he'd be wearing no-contact jersey tho
if he was wearing a no-contact jersey, then that "sort of" tips the hat to concussion. My guess is the team has been advised not to run Willy in practice.

Seems they clearly don't want anyone knowing what is the issue.

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
Nothing makes sense.

He already plays non contact so a red jersey would be redundant:laugh: I honestly can't think of an injury that would allow him to skate with contact but keep him out 3 playoff games. I guess we will have to wait for game 4 for an answer.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad