Player Discussion William Nylander

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh mentally alot younger...😆
Nice!
yeah.

I can't believe some of these conspiracy theories hanging around. Just screams of fans overthinking things.

And didn't the coach literally come out and say Nylander got injured in the last game of the season?

hope he's healthy enough to play tonight.
Yup, there's a lot of that going around, must be that time of year.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
yeah.

I can't believe some of these conspiracy theories hanging around. Just screams of fans overthinking things.

And didn't the coach literally come out and say Nylander got injured in the last game of the season?

hope he's healthy enough to play tonight.
When you don't address it at all, and leave this silly cone of silence up where you don't explain anything about what's going on, then you leave yourself open for rampant speculation - while most of it is pretty stupid, the organization has invited this onto themselves by simply not labelling Willy as "day to day" right off the hop, or by Sheldon just simply stating "he's not going tonight".

The fact that they've left everyone in limbo with this will he or won't he, or "he's a possibility", has just been the wrong way to handle it imo.

Thought it was interesting that the Canucks pulled no punches yesterday in immediately ruling Demko out and labelling him day-to-day, and then like 8 hours later, upgrading that to week-to-week. I'm not convinced any actual benefit comes from this sleight of hand / fog of war lineup crap that both sides are playing atm.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
They are doing all they can to get a 40 goal scorer on the ice. But if the body says no and their still inflammation then why risk a longer layoff?

Hopefully he comes back soon.

The mediots will spin it to get hits and cause a stir and some fans will eat it up

Reactions: arso40

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
When you don't address it at all, and leave this silly cone of silence up where you don't explain anything about what's going on, then you leave yourself open for rampant speculation - while most of it is pretty stupid, the organization has invited this onto themselves by simply not labelling Willy as "day to day" right off the hop, or by Sheldon just simply stating "he's not going tonight".

The fact that they've left everyone in limbo with this will he or won't he, or "he's a possibility", has just been the wrong way to handle it imo.

Thought it was interesting that the Canucks pulled no punches yesterday in immediately ruling Demko out and labelling him day-to-day, and then like 8 hours later, upgrading that to week-to-week. I'm not convinced any actual benefit comes from this sleight of hand / fog of war lineup crap that both sides are playing atm.

What's the benefit of putting a label on it? The only thing coaches care about in playoffs is winning, not what basement dwellers on HFB think.

All that matters is he isn't playing and that it seems he'll be back, not the reason why.

Reactions: rojac

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What's the benefit of putting a label on it? The only thing coaches care about in playoffs is winning, not what basement dwellers on HFB think.

All that matters is he isn't playing and that it seems he'll be back, not the reason why.
Eliminates distractions, and the series of questions that you end up getting - today will be the 10th media avail where Willy has been the central focus of a number of questions.

I also think it's super interesting that the only tidbit that we've gotten about the Nylander injury, was that he wasn't hurt heading into game 82 vs Tampa - that specifically being the only tidbit of information available publicly, is due exclusively to the organization leaking it. They want people to know that, but nothing else. It's so unnecessary.

Reactions: Sizzle

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I was just reading the internet and apparently he may or may not play tonight. Seems like we will find out once Keefe submits the line up card.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
A quick update for Leaf fans as I have an insider in the organization, I was told the following but keep this among us please:

"there is a chance Nylander will play and also a chance he may not play".

As you were.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad