Player Discussion William Nylander

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Seems there are Leaf Fans and Marner Haters, it's all so weird.
We should get this for another 10 years or so.
We're pretty much all fans of the team. There are a few who seem to be more fans or non-fans (I dislike the word 'hate') of individual players (and other personnel) more than the team.

Makes for a more entertaining forum.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I haven’t gone thru the thread but Nylander could have had his appendix out. I was back in 2 weeks skating. Now it’s a lot quicker turn around .

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
IMG_8124.jpeg

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Secondarily Leafs' fans maybe. Now, since you dodged the point, please provide evidence of current injury if you believe Marner is injured.
Where did I say Marner is injured?

Im only stating that we are Leafs fans, and joining player As camp vs player Bs is no better than highschool clic mentality.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bruins fans overanalyzing the 5 second clip of him hitting the ice and saying how he looks horrible and should be destroyed with hits etc. lol

That’s how we should treat Pastrnak and Marchand too, and have been. To be fair.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I haven’t gone thru the thread but Nylander could have had his appendix out. I was back in 2 weeks skating. Now it’s a lot quicker turn around .
I had a hip replacement during Covid. Checked in the hospital 2pm, had the operation at 4pm, walked out the next morning 9AM

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Willy had appendicitis back in 2016, likely not that.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What's weird is how much time you and a couple of other posters spend crying about people hating Marner. The truth is that nobody hates him, we're all pulling for him just like we're pulling for everyone else on the team. I don't know where all this insecurity comes from but there's no need. Every player deserves praise at times, criticism at other times and that includes Marner.

Then again II was 65 not 25. lol!
So are you feeling younger or older after the op?

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Marner hater? No one wants him to fail or play like shit. When you're making $11M and fleecing the team for every dollar you can come contract time and you're not providing in the playoffs when it matters and everyone can see you aren't even doing the bare minimum of what it takes to win you're going to take criticism, and that's all on him, not the fans. If he was playing well we wouldn't be talking about him or hating on him.

Last edited:

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I'm not too worried about Nylander taking his time to get 100% confident that he's good to go. He has to be capable of performing at an electrifying level which means he can't be worrying about what will happen when physically engaged or performing at his highest level. He has to be comfortable both physically and mentally to be the asset we hope to gain.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
This entire situation feels like the leafs gave Nylander the Samsonov reset and didn't want to admit it.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Yeah exactly like when we had Hyman with a torn ACL taking PK faceoffs, losing 80% of them, and giving Boston free powerplay goals at will. But at least he was a tough all heart warrior, that’s what really matters, not whether he’s effective at the job he’s supposed to do.

How about they just play the best lineup they can at any given moment? We have 3 D and multiple forwards sitting and waiting, I’d take any of them at 95% healthy over any of the starters at 60% healthy. If Nylander can’t skate full speed or reliably hit the net with power wtf is he going to be doing out there that helps us win a game?

Exactly... I remember the Hyman debacle. Painful. And look at the guy now.

People forget theres a professional Physio and rehab team the Leafs have looking after this.
Its not just Keefe and Nylander talking about it last minute at practice.

Jobs are on the line if Nylander gets out there prematurely and is injured for this entire year.

I rather him be effective and not losing battles.

Reactions: Kanu and notDatsyuk

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
What's weird is how much time you and a couple of other posters spend crying about people hating Marner. The truth is that nobody hates him, we're all pulling for him just like we're pulling for everyone else on the team. I don't know where all this insecurity comes from but there's no need. Every player deserves praise at times, criticism at other times and that includes Marner.

So are you feeling younger or older after the op?
Oh mentally alot younger...😆

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This entire situation feels like the leafs gave Nylander the Samsonov reset and didn't want to admit it.
Why would the Leafs feel the need to give Nylander a reset, and especially during the first two games of the playoffs?

I feel this situation is nothing more than Nylander dealing with an injury that is hampering him enough that he can't play and the team does not want to risk making it worse. I can't see any justification otherwise sitting out one of your best players who nearly scored 100 points this season. Makes no sense to.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Why would the Leafs feel the need to give Nylander a reset, and especially during the first two games of the playoffs?

I feel this situation is nothing more than Nylander dealing with an injury that is hampering him enough that he can't play and the team does not want to risk making it worse. I can't see any justification otherwise sitting out one of your best players who nearly scored 100 points this season. Makes no sense to.
yeah.

I can't believe some of these conspiracy theories hanging around. Just screams of fans overthinking things.

And didn't the coach literally come out and say Nylander got injured in the last game of the season?

hope he's healthy enough to play tonight.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
yeah.

I can't believe some of these conspiracy theories hanging around. Just screams of fans overthinking things.

And didn't the coach literally come out and say Nylander got injured in the last game of the season?

hope he's healthy enough to play tonight.
Ridiculous.

It's clear there's a health issue that's keeping him out of the lineup. Whether it's back issues, concussion issues, migraines, whatever. It's obviously health related.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad