Player Discussion William Nylander

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
So four pages of guessing and griping, and no actual information?

Thanks.
No media reports about it other than he was on the ice and skating. Likely a joint or muscular issue. If it was a break or a concussion, he wouldn't be skating. My guess is hips / low back / groin injury (something soft tissue related).

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Don't fool yourselves. Those who in the media knows what Nylander's injury is and when it happened, etc. They don't report it bc they don't want to get on the bad side of the team. That's the same across the NHL. The Friedmans, Chris Johnston's ...they all know but they aren't real "reporters", that's why there's 5 pages and "no actual information". Just like how the hockey media never actually reported what Corey Perry did to get his contract terminated. The hockey world has no real serious reporters any more. They want to remain on the good side of the people in the game. So don't think this is exclusive to the Leafs.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I asked quite a few people tonight about Willy and not a freakin peep of info .. team has contained issue very well .. even a couple parents didnt know .. whatever it is team has decided to keep matter on pq .. i hope we see him at sone point in this series.. glg

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Don't fool yourselves. Those who in the media knows what Nylander's injury is and when it happened, etc. They don't report it bc they don't want to get on the bad side of the team. That's the same across the NHL. The Friedmans, Chris Johnston's ...they all know but they aren't real "reporters", that's why there's 5 pages and "no actual information". Just like how the hockey media never actually reported what Corey Perry did to get his contract terminated. The hockey world has no real serious reporters any more. They want to remain on the good side of the people in the game. So don't think this is exclusive to the Leafs.
this

It is true - and it's a reflection of the political world as well. and why the reporting and info is so ridiculous and nonsensical and full of fluff. It's a sad reflection of society's trends.

I myself DO know what happened with Perry's contract guillotine . . . but only because of a personal connection who's best buddies with someone who was there. Real reporting? No chance, they feel / know they'll be blackballed by vindictive corporate types (in that case owners/execs, same as in Toronto) so they learn fast to condition themselves to the parameters of questioning and keeping their jobs.

People have zero backbone and integrity anymore.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
OK saw this on twitter..... now O-dog has me thinking.... LOL

The gutless faker.

What even is this? I don't see someone hurt so bad they can't play. All I see is cowardice.

I really hope this guy is traded in the offseason.

Treliving came in here preaching accountability. When is it gonna start. All he's done since getting hired is give people raises.

Including this crybaby.

Shanahan clearly overlooked character when drafting these boys. Only in the NHL can someone get a job running a multi-billion dollar franchise with their sole credential being able to hit bits of rubber with a stick. Calling this team a clown show would be an insult to clowns.

A clown can get trampled over by a bull and still show up for work the next day.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The gutless faker.

What even is this? I don't see someone hurt so bad they can't play. All I see is cowardice.

I really hope this guy is traded in the offseason.

Treliving came in here preaching accountability. When is it gonna start. All he's done since getting hired is give people raises.

Including this crybaby.

Shanahan clearly overlooked character when drafting these boys. Only in the NHL can someone get a job running a multi-billion dollar franchise with their sole credential being able to hit bits of rubber with a stick. Calling this team a clown show would be an insult to clowns.

A clown can get trampled over by a bull and still show up for work the next day.
If you have a shrine with pictures of Nylander with his eyes cut out and words as coward, clown, crybaby etc written over them. I would not be at least surprised.

U cant for real think he fake injury to not play Bruins. And O Dog just play stupid to get clicks. Even he know that skating and in game is totaly different things. I expect leaf thinking this will be a long run, if a game or two makes a top player 100% better rest of the playoff it might be worth it.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I'm going way out on a limb and take a guess that his injury is.....

Testicular torsion.

Woke up and one of his boys was the size of a grapefruit.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
They had time off in Florida. They definitely went golfing, and a golf swing is an easy way to throw out a back if that's the issue.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Literally no one thinks that.

We’ve won 1 of our last 9 games vs. Boston.

He’s not faking anything

Give your head a shake
They still need to have a strategy for a long run, or they should just try to tank every year. You dont try to reach the playoffs to just win one round or two. I hope...

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1713874778402.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad