Value of: William Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I wouldn’t do anything with him until the deadline at absolute earliest. They obviously wanted to sign and keep him so that’s their intention imo. I don’t see him leaving regardless of value. Nobody got him when his value was lowest and now it’s only going to be high and he isn’t playing up to his paycheque. Although that was expected it’s unreasonable to move him or talk about trading him until the end of the year when he is back to form and even then I’m not sure anyone would bite.

It’s hard to pinpoint his current value, all in all if he’s traded it’s at next years deadline I think. (2020)

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Nylander is a proven 61 pt player that has 2 pts in 11 games. Reasonably you factor in he needs a few weeks to get into game shape, but he has not had a point since Dec 11 to now Dec 29 and he is making a whopping 7M per or just .004k under that. The cap hit brings down his value as does his play at the moment. If he were a player that could bring other intangibles such as grit and PK, maybe he would be worth more. But not when you see Reinhart, Pasta, Ehlers and Larkin all making less and doing more.
With Nylander missing 28 games to put up the same level of production means a 40 point season (his ppg avg = 0.744). In order for him to keep pace with the last 2 years means 38 points in 43 games or 0.883 ppg avg....possible but unlikely.

All you need to know about Nylander is in his DNA (chip off the old block) he will always put himself before the team. At 7m per season I would find another team for him ASAP as his contract limits the team with Marner and Matthews both needing (and deserving) new and better contracts.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Nylander is a proven 61 pt player that has 2 pts in 11 games. Reasonably you factor in he needs a few weeks to get into game shape, but he has not had a point since Dec 11 to now Dec 29 and he is making a whopping 7M per or just .004k under that. The cap hit brings down his value as does his play at the moment. If he were a player that could bring other intangibles such as grit and PK, maybe he would be worth more. But not when you see Reinhart, Pasta, Ehlers and Larkin all making less and doing more.
His value still isn’t a late first or worse come on now. He’s a dynamic young winger who is marking a fair market value for his production not a steal by any means but still. He’s on the market teams will give up allot more then a late 1st come on...

Reactions: Sundinisagod
Feb 24, 2017
You guys are ridiculous. He's the longest holdout ever to play the year, who joined without a camp who wasn't even practicing with NHL talent at all (on him). He's come back and been giving less minutes, played on his off wing, etc and of course has looked good some games and looked poor others (and don't even overreact and say he hasn't because he has. Had a multi point game and several others he lead the team in Corsi but no puck luck).

Yet after what, 10 bad games we are going to **** all over him when he is going to start playing well again soon?

This is just a thread to let other fans **** on Nylander/Dubas/the Leafs/ The fans for not trading him and nothing more.
Let me get this straight.

You are calling other people ridiculous?

66BF7E87-8410-4593-AD78-28AA0F6D749E.gif

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I am already seeing people give-up on him, calling him a bust. When will people learn to be patient? You have to separate the holdout from his struggles. Is there anyone who thought he WOULDN'T struggle badly?

Nyl;ander is a fantastic talent and will only get better. 61 points each of his first 2 full seasons with little PP time is just the start.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Will this be your attitude if the Leafs get bounced in the first round?
Yup. Check my post history...i have been saying for 3 seasons we need an upgrade on defense. But these threads always boil down to "Leafs players aren't worth our amazing D!!" Ir "Leafs need to overpay big time!!".

I am just sick of reading it so i would prefer just riding with what we have.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If LA trades some of their guys for picks and prospects. I could see them giving up a 1st+player/prospect+cap space for Nylander
Why on Earth would the Leafs do that though? I won't say Nylander isn't getting traded....but if he is moved; it has to be for a quality D.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
This thread needs to be retitled. It's not what Nylander is worth, but what do the Leafs need to add to him to get rid of his anchor of a contract. No other team is going to want a primadonna like Nylander, especially considering that he's proven to be borderline useless now that AM has gotten him a fat paycheck.

Reactions: MrThomas

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I like the sentiment but the Leafs are in their window, they should not be trading a major asset for futures. We need good bodies in the lineup and we need them now

My comment about trading Nylander and his 6.9m cap hit....was either trade for a NHL him for 6.9m Dman or you have to trade for picks or cheap ELC, and you still have that cap space to acquire about 6.9m Dman(s). Agree with you the Leafs need to load up with good players and spend to the cap. It's how you get that player that the puzzle.

Reactions: robertmac43

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This thread needs to be retitled. It's not what Nylander is worth, but what do the Leafs need to add to him to get rid of his anchor of a contract. No other team is going to want a primadonna like Nylander, especially considering that he's proven to be borderline useless now that AM has gotten him a fat paycheck.
:laugh:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Nylander value not really much affected by his early slump. Would the leafs move him sure for a top defenseman they would. Other then that he’s not going anywhere.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Nylander value not really much affected by his early slump. Would the leafs move him sure for a top defenseman they would. Other then that he’s not going anywhere.
His value is not hurt in the least I guarantee it. And it'll be hurt less after July 2nd.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Why on Earth would the Leafs do that though? I won't say Nylander isn't getting traded....but if he is moved; it has to be for a quality D.

Good luck with that. I've seen the Dman that Toronto fana want for Nylander on here. Asking for the moon. I'm sorry but the cap next year is going to hurt any chance of that caliber Dman going to Toronto.

Realistically, Toronto will have to move out one of the big 3 forwards (Matthews, Marner, Nylander) for not much cap space coming back to make the cap work.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Good luck with that. I've seen the Dman that Toronto fana want for Nylander on here. Asking for the moon. I'm sorry but the cap next year is going to hurt any chance of that caliber Dman going to Toronto.

Realistically, Toronto will have to move out one of the big 3 forwards (Matthews, Marner, Nylander) for not much cap space coming back to make the cap work.

Maybe Nylander is worth more than Sanheim or Pesce though? That's who the media suggests.

And the Leafs do have the cap to keep everyone. This has been gone over to death.

Leafs do have help on the Marlies on the D.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
1.8 shots per game makes him a 12-15goal scoring winger on a big contract.

Might want to wait until summer before drawing conclusions.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
1.8 shots per game makes him a 12-15goal scoring winger on a big contract.

Might want to wait until summer before drawing conclusions.
Why would anyone read into the stats in the first few games after a holdout?
61 points each of his first 2 seasons with no little PP time. Over 50 ES points.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Why would anyone read into the stats in the first few games after a holdout?
61 points each of his first 2 seasons with no little PP time. Over 50 ES points.

What are you smoking? He's never hit 50 ES points in a season. And his first season he had almost 30 PP points, so literally almost half his points were on the PP.
He's been riding on AM's coattails. Put Nylander on a team with less offensive firepower and he probably has a hard time even getting above 40 points a season.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What are you smoking? He's never hit 50 ES points in a season. And his first season he had almost 30 PP points, so literally almost half his points were on the PP.
He's been riding on AM's coattails. Put Nylander on a team with less offensive firepower and he probably has a hard time even getting above 40 points a season.

I made an error you are correct. He hit 49 points not 50 last season E/S and had 12 PP points.

Also, I am smoking Sativa.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm

Talk about riding the bandwagon of bullcrap from Toronto. Hope he gets to leave you quick and with a low return.

He's been above PPG internationally and in SHL before and has top 5% player rookie/sophomore seasons. "40 pt player riding AM coattails". Please. Toronto was a sh*t team the past 2 years.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs need to add a 7th to get rid of that anchor and get Hischier as a new anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad