Value of: William Nylander (Mod warning post 165)

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
i think dubas overpaid by half a mil but that contract will look like a bargain next year when he goes on a tear.

next year i would like to see leafs try some nutty like like tavares-matthews line 1 and nylander-marner line 2

Reactions: ZEBROA

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Past 41 games:
GPGAPtsES Pts+/- Contract
William Nylander415121713-3 $6.96 million x 6 years
Brett Pesce413161918+25 $4.02 million x 6 years
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Can Nylander overtake "defensive D" Brett Pesce for points since coming back? Pesce's zero PP time is helping Nylander but it might not be enough.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Meh, Nylander rode Matthews' coattails en route to a bloated contract.

I feel like Kapanen's proven more, in less time than what we've seen from Nylander.

I wonder if Dubas will acknowledge this in their RFA contract talks. I mean we already know Marner's going to make significantly more than Nylander, at least he certainly deserves to based on the year he's had.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Past 41 games:
GPGAPtsES Pts+/-
William Nylander415121713-3
Brett Pesce413161918+25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Can Nylander overtake "defensive D" Brett Pesce for points since coming back? Pesce's zero PP time is helping Nylander but it might not be enough.

I heard nylander is now a 2way forward, in the Bob gainey mold

Points don't matter anymore.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Meh, Nylander rode Matthews' coattails en route to a bloated contract.

I feel like Kapanen's proven more, in less time than what we've seen from Nylander.

I wonder if Dubas will acknowledge this in their RFA contract talks. I mean we already know Marner's going to make significantly more than Nylander, at least he certainly deserves to based on the year he's had.

Walking and talking example of recency bias. Nylander putting up consecutive 60 pt seasons compared to Kapanen who may not even achieve 50.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Past 41 games:
GPGAPtsES Pts+/-
William Nylander415121713-3
Brett Pesce413161918+25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

That chart says it all. :thumbu:

Too bad you didn't include both player's contracts.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Wonder if he is giving Matthews 3M per year for increasing his value by at least that. Carried by Matthews both years to 60 points. Now look at him without Matthews. Pulled wool over a bad GM's eyes, not only did he get overpaid, he set the market to overpay Matthews and Marner.

Dubas is Chia level bad so far. As a fan this is very sad. Could have traded him for D help before the signing, now we have another no show softy in the playoff's instead of someone who can help against the Bruins.

Sad!

Always fun to hear from the Leafs (*ahem*) number one fan.
:nod:

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just over a year ago you were convinced Marner was a 4th liner and comparing him to Yakupov. I'd bet less than a year from now you will look equally as silly as you did on that one. Enjoy your small victories while you can.
Last yr you said that Matthews was better than McDavid and Gretzky.
You said Matthews would get 50 in 50 this season easily. Don't see it happening.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Always fun to hear from the Leafs (*ahem*) number one fan.
:nod:
Sorry I do not blindly agree with most stuff the Gm of the Oilers and Leafs did. I have been a very vocal opponent of pretty much everything Chia did and so far most everything Dubas has done.

You can still be a fan, but objective and not a complete homer.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Sorry I do not blindly agree with most stuff the Gm of the Oilers and Leafs did. I have been a very vocal opponent of pretty much everything Chia did and so far most everything Dubas has done.

You can still be a fan, but objective and not a complete homer.

In a season where they are still on pace to break the record for points you have not defended/supported any Leaf who was being piled on by haters. Instead you piled on as well this is not being objective.
You're no Leafs fan, you're an angry Oilers fan which I can totally understand.
Watching them mismanaged to the point that they will miss the playoffs a third time with McDavid and with no improvement in sight must be extraordinarily galling for the fan base.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
In a season where they are still on pace to break the record for points you have not defended/supported any Leaf who was being piled on by haters. Instead you piled on as well this is not being objective.
You're no Leafs fan, you're an angry Oilers fan which I can totally understand.
Watching them mismanaged to the point that they will miss the playoffs a third time with McDavid and with no improvement in sight must be extraordinarily galling for the fan base.
Incorrect. Marner is my favorite player in the NHL. Andersen is my MVP for this year. Not angry at all, just wish we had a good gm for the Leafs as I can see how these contracts are going to screw up.
Anger is not good for you son.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Incorrect. Marner is my favorite player in the NHL. Andersen is my MVP for this year. Not angry at all, just wish we had a good gm for the Leafs as I can see how these contracts are going to screw up.
Anger is not good for you son.

Huh...It's strange then that I have seen a post where you judged that Marner + Matthews + Nylander weren't worth McDavid. Which doesn't sound unbiased or objective to me.
Your posts usually come across as snide and angry to me but if that's not the case then please accept my apology.
I agree "anger isn't good for you son".

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
As a hockey fan first and an anti-Leafer second, I'm amazed by the venom spewed out regarding Nylander. I could see people complaining about his personality or that he held out and then forced the Leafs hand into signing him for more than some thought he should get. But Nylander is unquestionably talented and a fantastic overall player. I would be interested to hear the same people next season when Nylander is pushing for pt/gm totals.

Its great to have an opinion, its even better if its based on knowledge and common sense.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad