Prospect Info: William Nylander Discussion - 2015-2016 (WJC Bound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
but, but... idiots from the main board told me it was a perfectly "clean hit to the shoulder" that Willy "had his head down" and that it was just a "gorgeous" hit overall!

The Swiss played that whole game like a bunch of **********....pile of cheap shots and headshots.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Wake up find out nylander got cheapshoted and might be done for the tournament.

Worse. We may be left with an injury prone player as a result. He could even have a fractured vertibrae or severe concussion. He may also have internal bleeding and could slip into a coma. His career could literally be done forever. He may not develop as well, maybe his timing will be off from here on out. He could also be fine.

Still think he should of been in the NHL. The men in the NHL aren't so wreckless as a whole.

Sad day

OvenMittz*

Worse. We may be left with an injury prone player as a result. He could even have a fractured vertibrae or severe concussion. He may also have internal bleeding and could slip into a coma. His career could literally be done forever. He may not develop as well, maybe his timing will be off from here on out. He could also be fine.

Still think he should of been in the NHL. The men in the NHL aren't so wreckless as a whole.

Sad day

Yoooo stop being a negative Nancy, your post scarred the crap outta me..

Let's just hope for the best...

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA

Sad day

Being a little dramatic aren't you.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
But he got hurt not helping the Leafs or the Marlies. Who cares about the WJC?

You don't think the Islanders and the NHL weren't completely pissed off when Tavares blew a knee at the Olympics? It's gone to the point where the NHL does not want to send it's players to the Olympics for this exact reason.

He was better served helping the Marlies win and risk getting injured there, then to get injured in a fairly meaningless tournament for his development and career.

It's definitely bad luck, but hopefully the hit is punished properly.

Wow your one of the most down to earth posters on here but this isn't one that exemplifies this.

You want to know how angry the NHL and the NYI are about the Taveres injury at the Olympics? They're brining back the World Cup and hosting it in North America to cash in international play revenue that is extremely high when it's held in North America where guess what? Taveres will take part in. That's the reason why there's a disinterest of having the NHL players in the Olympics because TV revenue isn't at the prime time slot & it's going to be a long time again when it's held in North America for the rather large TV revenue on prime time. It's all about the $$$$ always has always will be. If the Olympics was to be held every year in North America you really think the NHL would have a disinterest?

I understand that emotions are high and we're pointing fingers right now. I could very well say that the hockey gods have punished the Leaf organization for there propaganda lies in keeping Nylander down in the AHL when he earned a roster spot out camp to play for the Leafs where it matters most and this opportunity to go the WJC's would not have been an option. Does that make me any more right or wrong than your point of view on this unfortunate event?

It's hockey, players get injured no need to start pointing fingers at management for this. That it's sucks it freaking REALLY SUCKS. The only thing that matters now is Nylander is ok from this event and forget about this BS hindsight that he wouldn't have gotten hurt if he wasn't at the tourney that serves no real substance at all when he could get hurt crawling out of bed, or sneezing for crying out loud.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yoooo stop being a negative Nancy, your post scarred the crap outta me..

Let's just hope for the best...

I am quite concerned for him. I hope he is ok but when you don't know, you don't know and all the above is really possible unfortunately.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I am quite concerned for him. I hope he is ok but when you don't know, you don't know and all the above is really possible unfortunately.

And I could choke to death the next time I eat a peanut.But I don't think about it at all.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Being a little dramatic aren't you.

Sadly no. That's really the sad part in this until we get an update. They must be doing a diagnostic imaging on him.

Crosby fractured and concussed on something sort of similar.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA

Sad day

Lol i bet McDavid feels the same way. Either way injuries are a part of the game, doesn't matter if they happen if they happen in the NHL, AHL, CHL whatever. For the record i'm glad he went to WJC. Winning gold and being the MVP of a highly skilled tournament is better than winning games in the NHL AHL.

He'll be back to speed in no time.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lol i bet McDavid feels the same way. Either way injuries are a part of the game, doesn't matter if they happen if they happen in the NHL, AHL, CHL whatever. For the record i'm glad he went to WJC. Winning gold and being the MVP of a highly skilled tournament is better than winning games in the NHL.

He'll be back to speed in no time.

:amazed:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
And I could choke to death the next time I eat a peanut.But I don't think about it at all.

I don't know if a peanut is similar to your head snapping back at a combined 60km an hr is comparable...

Maybe a head on collision and hitting your head off a steering wheel with no airbag?

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Sadly no. That's really the sad part in this until we get an update. They must be doing a diagnostic imaging on him.

Crosby fractured and concussed on something sort of similar.

Be realistic.Everyone has had a concussion.99.9% recover completely.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You think he signs with us one day?
I'm a Bruins fan/33 year season ticket holder and even I think McDavid ends up a Leafs.

Chiarelli will mess up that salary cap also.

I am not a Leafs fan but even I wish Toronto got McDavid- and you probably will have to wait some years but in the end- yes.

my two cents is Nylander will be ok, and I had no dog in this fight and I think it was a BS hit. If it was my kid who took that hit I'd be BS.

It's tough to be rational when you are on one side or the other but neutral I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad