Player Discussion William Lagesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Has 57 games in the NHL over the last 3 years.
He was the Oilers 4th round pick (91st overall) in 2014. Drafted out of Sweden where he played for the J20 and J18 Frolunda teams. Also played at the Gretzky/Hlinka Cup and WU18s in his draft year.
Played in 2 WJCs with Sweden.
Spent 2 years at UMass (Amherst) in the NCAA.
Has decent size at 6'2", 196lbs.
Is in his 4th pro season in North America and has seen time in the NHL with the Oilers in the last 3. (8gp/19GP/30GP)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's ok. Spare defensive D. Not a great skater, but gets involved physically. We only have 6D with Clague on IR.
So, he’s just a placeholder until those with better pedigree step in?

The Follin comparison really dampens any enthusiasm for this guy. 🤣

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So, he’s just a placeholder for the time being until those with better pedigree step in?

The Follin comparison really dampens any enthusiasm for this guy. 🤣
I think he's a slight upgrade on Folin. He's not terrible. Just boring and a tad on the slow side, but he knows it and plays within himself. He's safe.

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Martin will have a good talk with him and we'll trade him for a second-round pick next TDL.
We'd have to sign him as an UFA first. I highly doubt he plays the required 18 games until the end of the season to remain RFA.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We'd have to sign him as an UFA first. I highly doubt he plays the required 18 games until the end of the season to remain RFA.
E884F06D5043BE1268A1AEB1E1E1CA5B7BC80F65

Reactions: FloJack

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think he's looked pretty decent so far. Definitely not hating him. Super cheap. Could be a great option for #7.

Schueneman, Harris, Barron, Romanov.

All 5 guys I'm interested in seeing the rest of this year and next year (Romy mostly to see if he can keep improving cause he's already solid).

Reactions: Miller Time

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think he's looked pretty decent so far. Definitely not hating him. Super cheap. Could be a great option for #7.

Schueneman, Harris, Barron, Romanov.

All 5 guys I'm interested in seeing the rest of this year and next year (Romy mostly to see if he can keep improving cause he's already solid).
He was awful at the start of the game then not really safe but not doing major blunder either so let s see.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad