William Karlsson?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I saw this today from one of the Avs reporters. Apparently contract talks between Vegas and William Karlsson are not going well and ‘there’s potential for movement’.

What would you guys think about bringing him in? I feel like he’d be a perfect fit as a 2C. What do you think it would cost in a trade? Something like this maybe?

To Vegas: 16th overall, Col 2nd round pick, Bowers, and Cole

To Col: William Karlsson, and David Clarkson.

Too steep from Colorado’s perspective? I feel like if we took Clarkson, that would entice Vegas, because their cap situation is not good.

We’d have to sign him obviously. Maybe 7.5x8?

Attachments

• 6EADA303-88D9-4C50-9D95-79401248588A.jpeg
    6EADA303-88D9-4C50-9D95-79401248588A.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 8

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well the podcast he recorded on Sunday (and then released yesterday) sounds like more of a speculation based off of VGK's lack of cap space. Could be something there, but who knows :dunno:

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
In theory, I'm on board. He has a solid two-way game and the offense to go with it, even if I think the first season with VGK was a bit of a fluke. And given McPhee's trade history, we could potentially get him for a reasonable price, too.

It may be speculation on AJ's part, but IMO it's a sound line of thinking. Vegas has to do something about their cap situation.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I'd do that deal for sure. He's only 26, and a low end 1C, or a perfect 2C here.

$7.14mil x 7 years and call it a day. (8 years, $50mil)

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Well the podcast he recorded on Sunday (and then released yesterday) sounds like more of a speculation based off of VGK's lack of cap space. Could be something there, but who knows :dunno:
Just to add on to this, on the podcast released today AJ mentioned that while making calls around in regards to Hayes he came across a story that the initial contract talks between VGK and Karlsson did not go well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That'd be interesting to once again see this team with two shoot-first centers. I'd love for it to happen but something tells me it won't.

Plus, there's always the potential for a massive overpay here. Karlsson sure seems like the real deal if you go off the last two seasons, but man, his development as a player just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
If the "William Karlsson Rumor" gets his own thread we need about 50 more of them asap. The possibility of Karlsson leaving Vegas is about as high as Rants leaving the Avs - slim to not existing. So why even bother ?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I saw this today from one of the Avs reporters. Apparently contract talks between Vegas and William Karlsson are not going well and ‘there’s potential for movement’.

What would you guys think about bringing him in? I feel like he’d be a perfect fit as a 2C. What do you think it would cost in a trade? Something like this maybe?

To Vegas: 16th overall, Col 2nd round pick, Bowers, and Cole

To Col: William Karlsson, and David Clarkson.

Too steep from Colorado’s perspective? I feel like if we took Clarkson, that would entice Vegas, because their cap situation is not good.

We’d have to sign him obviously. Maybe 7.5x8?
I wouldn't give up Cole, and no way do I give up that haul if Clarkson is included. That is a significant chunk of change to eat. They want to include Clarkson, I don't include Bowers, and I ask for more. Like #16 + Ottawa 3rd + Kerfoot + Meloche for Karlsson + Miller + Clarkson. That would also let you trade Barrie for a another forward or a high pick.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If the "William Karlsson Rumor" gets his own thread we need about 50 more of them asap. The possibility of Karlsson leaving Vegas is about as high as Rants leaving the Avs - slim to not existing. So why even bother ?

What’s the point of the board, if we don’t have fun with some speculation?

I for one, see a real possibility here. Vegas has 0 cap space and other RFA’s to sign too.

Rants isn’t going anywhere because Colorado has a ton of cap space. Completely different situation.

Reactions: McMetal

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What’s the point of the board, if we don’t have fun with some speculation?

I for one, see a real possibility here. Vegas has 0 cap space and other RFA’s to sign too.

Rants isn’t going anywhere because Colorado has a ton of cap space. Completely different situation.
Not every rumor needs an own thread is all i'm saying. We already have a thread for this.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I think signing him for $$$ is a big gamble. His 43 goals seem to be an outlier and he saw a 20 point deduction over the past 2 seasons. I'm not necessarily implying he's trending downwards but anything less than 56 points next year and he's not at all worth the 7-8 million on a long term deal.

He's just not proven enough for me, yet.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think signing him for $$$ is a big gamble. His 43 goals seem to be an outlier and he saw a 20 point deduction over the past 2 seasons. I'm not necessarily implying he's trending downwards but anything less than 56 points next year and he's not at all worth the 7-8 million on a long term deal.

That’s fair. I like that he can play both sides of the ice and that ups his value a little more to me.

But I see your thinking on the point production. If he was traded for, we’d probably need to sign a winger to play with him on the second line. Particularly if Bednar is looking to keep the big line together.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Most are willing to give Kevin Hayes $7 mil, but not Karlsson? I think Karlsson is much better now, and be better long term.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Most are willing to give Kevin Hayes $7 mil, but not Karlsson? I think Karlsson is much better now, and be better long term.

Tbf I don't think Hayes is worth that either. If I had to choose I would take the gamble on Karlsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad