Confirmed with Link: William Karlsson Resigned - 8yrs @ $5.9M AAV

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You may very well be right. I hope you are. All I was thinking was everytime I saw PEB out, we were pretty horrid on the PK. And the last PK of the last game of the last postseason is looming larger in my memory than it should. But I do agree that we have a ton of good PK guys besides Belly.

A great PKer was sitting in jail on trumped up charges during that last postseason PK, too.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
It's not just his off ice qualities, it's his penalty killing abilities that will be hard to replace. You can get a much better 5v5 guy that can play the power play, but you don't want Theodore or a rookie out there blocking shots.

If Gallant is already losing one of his favorite penalty killers in Bellemare, he'd go nuts if they didn't bring Engelland back for 1 more year.

I think you're focusing too much on the PK alone. His contributions in that aspect have to be compared to the rest of the ice time he gets and the decision will be made from there. Knights are going to be just fine on the PK whether or not they move on from Engelland.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think you're focusing too much on the PK alone. His contributions in that aspect have to be compared to the rest of the ice time he gets and the decision will be made from there. Knights are going to be just fine on the PK whether or not they move on from Engelland.

To put things into perspective, over the past 2 years only 14-15 players have averaged 3 minutes or more on the penalty kill. Engelland is one of them.
You need a guy to clear the crease, or 'front' the net presence. McNabb is one. Who is the other?

You start chipping away at their lunchpail guys like Bellemare and Engelland, this team starts to risk losing its identity. That penalty kill got them through a very rough October-December. They're certainly not the Lightning with star power and skill, and I wouldn't want them to be. TB got smoked in the 1st round.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
KARLSSON TALLIES TWO AS VEGAS INCHES CLOSER TO 200TH ALL-TIME GAME

William Karlsson (2-1—3), the only player to have appeared in each of the 186 all-time regular-season games contested by the Golden Knights, scored his 74th and 75th goals with the club (75-82—157). That’s already tied for the eighth-most by a player through a modern-era franchise’s first 200 all-time regular-season games.

VGK_Media-17102926.png

* Two players had a higher goal total than Wayne Gretzky’s 156 noted above through any NHL franchise’s first 200 all-time regular-season games: Cy Denneny with the original Ottawa Senators (212-76—288) and Babe Dye with Toronto (164-39—203), which was known as the St. Patricks during his tenure with the club.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Goals and points are nice, but they don't tell the whole story- Bill's two way game and ice awareness are consistently great. He's quietly have an All-Star type of season.
Not to mention that he has improved the weakest area of his game to the point it's not a weakness anymore: faceoffs. Still gets thrown out of the dot at times lol.

Reactions: GKG18

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Some glad they didn't pay 4.5 per for an AHL player.

Don't think he's an AHL player but he is definitely closer to Pirri than he is Marchessault, so it isn't stinging to give him away for a 2nd and 3rd although I think we could have snuck a 1st from somebody if we had a better cap situation.

Haula was always the most upsetting loss to the team for me, and that was the quickest decision they made.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not to mention that he has improved the weakest area of his game to the point it's not a weakness anymore: faceoffs. Still gets thrown out of the dot at times lol.

Improving his faceoff is probably a big reason for his return to the success of his first year. Constantly gets more dangerous positions from faceoff wins.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
What’s going on with him lately? No points in 6 straight games.

could he be playing with an injury like he did to start the season?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's on pace to get 10 more points than last season.

That's not the question though. He was on pace for more points than his inaugural season. I think he's not wrong to say it's a slump for him. Hopefully he can break out of it quickly and continue his March to show that the inaugural season wasn't a career year and he's capable of that again.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
That's not the question though. He was on pace for more points than his inaugural season. I think he's not wrong to say it's a slump for him. Hopefully he can break out of it quickly and continue his March to show that the inaugural season wasn't a career year and he's capable of that again.
I'm going with not enough Penalties for he and Smith to score Short handed. :laugh:

But seriously I do think he and Smith have been a bit out of sync as of late.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Expecting over 30 goals and over 70 points is unrealistic at this stage (especially if Marchessault doesn't have a good year). I'll be happy with him getting back to 60+ points and stellar 2-way play.

Hopefully 35g 80p are targets that Glass can hit in 2 years.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What’s going on with him lately? No points in 6 straight games.

could he be playing with an injury like he did to start the season?
The whole line is struggling right now at finishing plays, so most likely just a slump, especially when considering their advanced stats. He's still doing great two-way work and has been great on the dot.

What I find strange is that goalies have robbed him A LOT this year, much more than any other player on the team, makes you wonder if it's luck or something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad