will you cry if the Bills/Sabres win a championship?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That would be an incredibly emotional moment. All those years of misery and failures finally relieved. No longer can rival fans spit the same nonsense about zero championships. There will be champagne popping like confetti. Lord Stanley or Lombardi will be traveling first class down main street hailed by thousands like gods. A drunken speech slurred by a star player will ignite roars from the masses...'Let's go Buffalo' echoes throughout the entire city. There will be no question who the champions are.

Imagine that moment when our captain is handed the Stanley Cup. Will you defy your manly nature and bawl like a teething baby? Perhaps crying would be the manly thing to do?! What say you

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
tumblr_ltfv0rrsTc1qeyksp.gif

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I've been a Red Sox fan since I was a kid. When they won , I had no idea what to do.

I expect the same thing will happen here.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Watching either of them now makes me cry, not sure if it'll be different...;)

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I will be drunk and reveling outside the rink with any female above a five (out of ten). I might cry when I finally go back to work after the immediate celebration time is over, knowing that I might have to wait another 40 years for that moment to happen again.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It'll never happen so it won't matter. The Bills and Sabres have almost 90 years of existence (not counting AFL days) and haven't won a title. I doubt we win won in the next 40 either. I mean statistically odds say we should have won a cup by 2000. I won't get my hopes up. It might be another 5 years before we even win another playoff round. And it's already been 7 going on 8 years since we last won one.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I'm already an emotional guy, and the Sabres are more than just a hockey team to my family and me. We'd all be a bawling mess.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'll be too much in shock to do anything. :laugh:

I didn't cry when BU won the national championship in 2009, but then again I had only become a BU fan a few years earlier for obvious reasons. Not like Bills/Sabres fandom which started from birth.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
A couple of years ago, I would've said yes. While I still enjoy it as much as ever, I have a hard time getting really emotional about the accomplishments and failures of people I don't even know as I get older.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
It'll never happen so it won't matter. The Bills and Sabres have almost 90 years of existence (not counting AFL days) and haven't won a title.

The AFL was a major league, that split the 4 Super Bowls with the NFL.
The Bills have won two championships. They're about to hit the 50th anniversary of their first title.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I dunno if I'll be crying like a baby, but you're damned right my tear ducts will leak a little fluid.

Who the hell am I kidding? I'm going to be crying like a baby into the phone as I call my father and brother.

And then I'm cancelling all classes for a week and driving to Buffalo for the parade.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
it's personally not enough but knowing how much it effects people I care about would probably do it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad