Will you be buying season tickets for next season?

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Discuss

Edit: Might be a little too early to post this poll because the player lineup is highly likely to be significantly different by October. I may post it again after the roster looks a little more solid. So vote how you feel right now.

I voted for "Undecided / Not sure yet" because if the team keeps the same bunch of losers (Moss, Chip, Korpi, etc) I can't see my self giving a **** about this team.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'll see how the roster shapes out. If any of the same garbage players hitting UFA are retained, I probably won't be going to many games this year. I have better things to do than watch this team lose in person.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I had season tickets for 7 years, but the last 2 years of that because of the kids hockey travel schedule we were only able to make 5 games total.

So last season I didn't renew, partially because I knew we were going to suck and I didn't want to have to worry about selling the tickets as I did the 2 years before, but I did get a 5-game package.

And I will this season because I'm excited to see Domi & Duclair and possibly Perlini.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I would have re-upped if we got McDavid because Tippett would have been put in a mental institution if he didn't give him at least #2 center minutes. Now I'm expecting more of the same because I have no faith Tippett will adapt to younger, faster and more exciting roster. Watching us play most of the game in the opposing team's end when we were a playoff contender wasn't great but still fun. Now it just pisses me off. I'll have to see a change before I spend the cash and I really, really do want a reason to get season tickets.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Last year I renewed for two years, and thus far I have no inclination to ask for a refund.

That might change if Maloney has another offseason like last year's, though.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
As I did. I have found however that 40 games is quite a chore and it has become difficult to sell tickets to games I don't attend. Combine that with team from last couple seasons and I now buy tickets to games I want to attend and forget the rest.
If I lived in AZ I would buy season tickets without hesitation.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I had season tickets for 2 seasons but did not renew for 2014-15 for financial reasons being between jobs. My new job could permit me to attend some games for 15-16 so I may end up getting some kind of partial season package. Basically undecided between half season and an 11-game pack.

To throw some numbers out there though, the first season I made it to 18 of 24 home games (lockout season), and the second season I made it to something like 32 of 43 home games.

Feb 12, 2003
I've walked away from the games ticked off way too many times the past three years to endure another year of that. There need to be more changes to this team before they pull me back in. There have been some movements to get the team on the right track, but I want to see if they can put the whole picture together before I buy in again. I feel burned as a consumer and a fan, and it's not because we finished 2nd to last this season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hell no. The team is currently on track to be even worse than last year. I'd hate to be a ticket rep right about now. I'd probably just tell everyone to check back halfway through July.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'm already locked in, because of a two season commitment, but if I wasn't I wouldn't renew for this year.

I wouldn't renew, because I know I'm going to have a hard time trying to stomach the Kyle Chipchura Experience, and whatever other nonsense Tippett and Maloney are probably going to throw at us this year.

However, even if I didn't renew, I would still catch around 15-20 games, because I just love watching live hockey too much.

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
It's a 10 hour drive from my apartment to the GRA. Thus, no season tickets for me. If that wasn't an issue, I probably still wouldn't; I'd just pick and choose a few. It's hard to drop that kind of money to watch all kinds of terribad.

I'll try to hit a game when I'm in town though.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
I did a two year renewal last year so I am locked in. I don't think I will do that again. I'm really disappointed with the organization at this point. Hopefully, ownership will make a financial commitment to the team and set payroll at $60M or higher.

I felt like last year I was watching a glorified AHL team, with a couple of NHL players thrown in.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I have had a full season for 2 years in a row. Not this year. I went to 5 games, was annoyed at every game and put the rest up on Stubhub. I actually had hope that I could see the young guys grow and then before the start of the season, I see Dave Moss up and the young ones down. Couple blowouts later, I was out for the season.

Price wise, I ended up getting a good deal on those games because I sold the big name games for a lot. But I felt like I was doing their job and selling tickets. If I like what happens this year, I might look into a ticket package but last year was enough to get my hopes of this franchise's future dashed.

If its not bad play with guys who wouldn't be on any other team, its the obnoxious visiting fans who feel like they need to take over the stadium.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's kind of a Catch-22. Nobody in their right mind would demand that we as fans would gladly pay for season tickets for a team that is likely going to be a train wreck.

Nobody, that is, except traditionalists - who view our reticence as a clear symbol that a) hockey is never going to work in Arizona and b) that the team is going to pack the U-Haul boxes the femtosecond after the out-clause triggers.

Basically, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
maybe

I am on the fence, I have till May 5th to decide before I lose my earlybird special, but last year was no fun. My daughter and I didnt even look forward to going and I ended up selling all but I think 1 March game. I do want to see Domi and Duclair but then again, getting tickets isnt hard for the games I would want to see without having to PrePay. So I am not sure. If we got McDavid it would have been a yes. I had season tickets the last 3 years.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Probably not this year. My wallet is feeling the squeeze at the moment. If I thought I was actually going to see Domi and Duclair get regular ice time over Chipchura and a re-signed Moss, I'd give it some thought. We're still going to be bad. I'd rather choose the games to attend at this point, and get frustrated most games in the comfort of the living room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad