Will Toronto and Florida play the season with a 20 player roster?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I see CapFriendly has both those teams with an opening night roster of 20 players. Now I'm not familiar enough with either of those teams with regards to their cap to determine if 20 players is just a temporary thing or if its long term. Maybe someone in the know can elucidate.

I do know that there are some teams with a 21 player roster but they got there by the skin of their teeth and there isn't much cushion in case short term injuries happen. Maybe some would want to let us know if your team is like that or you are familiar with another team in that situation.

Overall it seems to me that a number of teams struggled this year to get under the $82,500,000 cap.... even with LTIR relief and that in itself can be a minefield once an LTIR player returns to active duty.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
A 20 player roster sounds like the perfect way to replenish the LTIR as needed...

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think we have some flexibility until Liljegren returns next month. When he comes back my understanding is something has to give unless other injuries pop up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad