WJC: Will the USA Repeat?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I think Canada will win - revenge from last year.

:)

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
I think they will and wouldn`t mind it either. I will root for them if they play against Sweden or Canada.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Definately on paper anyways, who knows how chemistry or momentum is this year. Being a underdog helps alot.

Last edited:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
they're the favorites, but i'd bet on the combined odds of Canada+Sweden+Russia over just USA.

pouskin74*

they arent strongest team on paper nor in reality, so no gold this time!:)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of repeating, but of course I'm hoping a semifinal re-match against USA and Sweden will happen so we can get revenge.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Honestly, I think the USA could finish as low as 5th. Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland all look very good and you can never count out Slovakia or the Czech Republic.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Honestly, I think the USA could finish as low as 5th. Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland all look very good and you can never count out Slovakia or the Czech Republic.
Do you really think they're not going to win their pool? Against Finland, Germany, Slovakia, amd Switzerland? I would be stunned if they don't go 4-0.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Do you really think they're not going to win their pool? Against Finland, Germany, Slovakia, amd Switzerland? I would be stunned if they don't go 4-0.

It depends if they have trouble with the presure i could see them going 2-2.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I know I am a big dummy but how the heck do I vote?

:)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It depends if they have trouble with the presure i could see them going 2-2.

What pressure? The only team that is ever under any pressure in junior hockey is Canada. It's why you have the full-court press by most Canadian media outlets to anoint the U.S. as favorites. The only way I see the U.S. not succeeding (i.e. win a medal) is by not showing respect for it's opponents (unlikely to happen with Keith Allain at the helm) and the goaltending craps the bed (a possibility in a short tourney).

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
One thing I think could work against them is going relatively untested in the preliminary round before having a tough semi-final match. I still think they make the final, but it could be an issue.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
What pressure? The only team that is ever under any pressure in junior hockey is Canada. It's why you have the full-court press by most Canadian media outlets to anoint the U.S. as favorites. The only way I see the U.S. not succeeding (i.e. win a medal) is by not showing respect for it's opponents (unlikely to happen with Keith Allain at the helm) and the goaltending craps the bed (a possibility in a short tourney).

You're contradicting yourself aren't you?

It's not who has the better team, it's the team that forces the bounces to go their way!

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008

The reason the Canadian media is saying the US are the favourites is because on paper they are the best team.

Why are you reading something sinister into it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad