Will the Red Wings sprint or limp to the regular season finish line?

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Bruins down 4-1 end of 2nd period against Tampa. Bruins loss paired with the Wings win today really goes a long way.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Stamkos taking down Marchand was a beaut!

Fought like a star player, one punch and down to the ice or tackle. Still big on him to stick up for a teammate, low hit on Filppula and your Captain answers it is strong. Boston is in real trouble. The Wings need to keep banking points here as Ottawa is coming, looks like it could be Washington and Boston battling out if Ottawa stays this hot for the final spot.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
As we've lost the last game vs. the Bolts, it's gonna be limping in on the 3rd spot of our divison. Will be pretty close in the end, but I don't think that they fall even down to a wild card spot.

GrosEcossais

Feb 1, 2015
Nova Scotia
The next couple of games are really the wings chance to create some space between them and the wild card. They have Arizona and San Jose the next two games. Those should be two wins ideally so they should be able to get some space between them the Sens and the Bruins (who are not playing good hockey right now.)

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The next couple of games are really the wings chance to create some space between them and the wild card. They have Arizona and San Jose the next two games. Those should be two wins ideally so they should be able to get some space between them the Sens and the Bruins (who are not playing good hockey right now.)

bruins without hamiliton could be in serious trouble

they're one point up on ottawa but ottawa now has two games in hand

i think ottawa is going to take that 8th spot

Thrasher1993

Mar 3, 2015

Don't count the Sharks game as a sure win just yet, they are a desperate team and always play the Wings tough. We better beat Arizona though

GrosEcossais

Feb 1, 2015
Nova Scotia
bruins without hamiliton could be in serious trouble

they're one point up on ottawa but ottawa now has two games in hand

i think ottawa is going to take that 8th spot

I would love to see the Sens make it into 8th. Gotta love a underdog story line at the end of the season for the playoff push.

Don't count the Sharks game as a sure win just yet, they are a desperate team and always play the Wings tough. We better beat Arizona though

I agree 100% but I feel like the Wings should be able to take it to them. the sharks are definitely not the team they use to be. The Wings also have a tendency to play good hockey against the sharks and the Wings have been dummying the West this year

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The Red Wings need 11 points to be 100% in (SOURCE)

They have to be better than 5-5-1 or 4-4-3 in their last 11 games if they want to control their fate.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

They have to be better than 5-5-1 or 4-4-3 in their last 11 games if they want to control their fate.

With how this team has been playing lately I wish I could say I was confident in their ability to play .500 hockey. Luckily if Boston loses a couple more games it makes our lives a little easier.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

They control their fate, regardless.

Going 5-5-1 or 4-4-3 just means they will be guaranteed in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad