Will the Red Wings sprint or limp to the regular season finish line?

AndrewD

Feb 25, 2015
Canada
www.redwingregister.com
The Detroit Red Wings have 12 games to go in their 2014-15 regular season campaign. While currently holding the 3rd spot in the Atlantic Division, their position in the post-
season is not set in stone yet as the Boston Bruins are 4 points behind and the Ottawa Senators are sitting 6 points out.

Read

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's going to look something like this.

But hopefully it ends up looking more like this.

anigif_optimized-22609-1424450017-3.gif

Hunting Bow*

Panic button

Is it time to push the panic button yet? 4 points away from not making the playoffs. 12 games in 21 days. A game every other day until seasons end.

Who would have thought an 11 point lead over the 9th place would have shrunk to 4?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The Wings should bounce back with some wins and the teams behind them should fall back to earth a little bit.

I'm not worried about them missing the playoffs. Regardless no matter what happens this is not a cup contending team so it's just a matter of how much extra hockey I get to see.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
Water will find its level. As ArGarBarGar indicated, there is no reason to think the Wings won't go back to playing how they did 80% of the season, just like teams like Ott to do the same. There is a reason we can even go through such a losing streeak and yet still be 4 up. Disagree on "not a cup contending team" because every team has flaws this season, no one is clear cut, you get in you have a shot this year.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Water will find its level. As ArGarBarGar indicated, there is no reason to think the Wings won't go back to playing how they did 80% of the season, just like teams like Ott to do the same. There is a reason we can even go through such a losing streeak and yet still be 4 up. Disagree on "not a cup contending team" because every team has flaws this season, no one is clear cut, you get in you have a shot this year.

I would say though that the flaws the Wings have are so glaring that most other teams are contenders in comparison

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the problem isnt whether detroit will make the playoffs, they will or should, its that Detroits weaknesses are a worse type compared to others

detroits weakness flat out is our defence and in particular our defence against tight checking, hard hitting, grind it out down below the hash marks hockey. In other words playoff hockey

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
the problem isnt whether detroit will make the playoffs, they will or should, its that Detroits weaknesses are a worse type compared to others

detroits weakness flat out is our defence and in particular our defence against tight checking, hard hitting, grind it out down below the hash marks hockey. In other words playoff hockey

looking at the roster, D is weakness.

looking at everyone else, O is weakness. especially 5on5. sucky team offensively.

can't rely on just pp to score.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I have 0 faith in this team right now. Realistically I don't see us falling right out of the playoffs, but the way Ottawa and Boston are playing I would not really be all that surprised. Were not playing with any intensity, its very disappointing to watch this team play right now. Its embarrassing how we are even having these types of discussions, what was our lead on 9th a month and a half ago, 20 points?

Even if we get in, we aren't beating anyone with this type of play.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I have 0 faith in this team right now. Realistically I don't see us falling right out of the playoffs, but the way Ottawa and Boston are playing I would not really be all that surprised. Were not playing with any intensity, its very disappointing to watch this team play right now. Its embarrassing how we are even having these types of discussions, what was our lead on 9th a month and a half ago, 20 points?

Even if we get in, we aren't beating anyone with this type of play.

bruins have't been playing well.

very inconsistent.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Gotta love that Babs quote: "structure is great but great players are better." The guy knows how to tell it like it is without going too far.

Slick13

Nov 22, 2013
I love the team but missing the playoffs would be the best thing possible. The streak has forced managements hands enough as is. I see no point to back into the playoffs and get swept. The only benefit would be financially for the Illitch family.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I don't approve of threads being made to hide the fact this is a "HF Partner" article. The headlines are usually clickbait, and generally the articles aren't very good. They need to be clearly marked "HF Partner" like they used to be or there needs to be another solution.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I don't approve of threads being made to hide the fact this is a "HF Partner" article. The headlines are usually clickbait, and generally the articles aren't very good. They need to be clearly marked "HF Partner" like they used to be or there needs to be another solution.

Just don't click the link. That's what I do. Not giving hits to articles that are written by people who don't watch the subject matter they're writing about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad