Will the Penguins use a compliance buyout?

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
free agency is barren but there are some quality goalies out there.
any possibility the penguins staff use one on fleury to bring in someone like miller, halak, or hiller?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
no, Fleury would be moveable in a trade if they wanted to get rid of him.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Pens don't really have a player they need to buyout. Fleury and Scuds are the closets, but both are movable.

Adams will most likely be traded/leased to wherever Bylsma ends up just because who else is Coach B gonna get to play those tough PK mins

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
You can only buy out players who were under contract at the lockout i think? So the only possible buyouts we can make are Neal and Fleury?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Scuds are signed after the new CBA so he cant be bought out (sadly)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Fleury allowed 14 goals in 7 games. He wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't the problem. Let's focus on ares that are.

Consistency has always been his problem. Sure, he gave up 14 goals in 7 games. He also gave up 14 goals in 5 games. That doesn't sound quite as good.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If we can't trade Fleury then use it on him. I really have no issue with him getting a lame duck season with us, his play this year and these playoffs wasn't anywhere near buyout bad, but if we're really being serious about blowing this roster up then he's bound to be one of the first on the chopping block.

Adams needs to be bought out regardless of what it does to our cap situation, he's not capable of being a NHL player anymore. Period.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
Let me see if the people will be reasonable here.

Is Fleury really so bad that we have to buy out the one last year of his contract, while we are in the middle of a coaching change/possible management change/possible roster overhaul? Is that really a can that can't get kicked down the road for one more year?

If we could trade (and upgrade) maybe that's one thing.
And yes, I KNOW he is inconsistent.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Consistency has been the problem on this entire team, not just Fluery. I just feel like making Fluery the scapegoat (again) just hurts the team since the real issues then aren't addressed (again).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If we can't trade Fleury then use it on him. I really have no issue with him getting a lame duck season with us, his play this year and these playoffs wasn't anywhere near buyout bad, but if we're really being serious about blowing this roster up then he's bound to be one of the first on the chopping block.

Adams needs to be bought out regardless of what it does to our cap situation, he's not capable of being a NHL player anymore. Period.

Buying out Adams would be the difference in being able to afford Tanner Glass or playing Jayson Megna in that spot. Aka, who the hell cares, it may actually force us to use a better young player.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Consistency has been the problem on this entire team, not just Fluery. I just feel like making Fluery the scapegoat just hurts the team since the real issues then aren't addressed.

Oh Fleury is far from our only issue. But he's an issue. I hope nobody thinks removing Fleury fixes our team no matter who we replace him with.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I bet if you put structure in front of Fleury, he could do well enough IMO. If we get someone like Halak, then Fleury becomes expendable at some point in the season and a tradable commodity.

As for the compliance buyout?
I'd buyout Scuderi, and Dupuis before Fleury.

If the right deal came along, I'd trade Neal & possibly Letang.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Nah. He did enough this year that if they're going to cuts ties, there'll be a taker in a trade.

I mean, is there a good reason Winnipeg wouldn't take a flier on him? Miller and his actress wife aren't signing there and they can't stick with Pavelec.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Scuderi can't be compliance boughtout. Our best hope is him agreeing to a trade to Long Island or somewhere else somewhat nearby. We all know everyone in the west, aside from LA, is going to be on his no go list.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Scuderi can't be compliance boughtout. Our best hope is him agreeing to a trade to Long Island or somewhere else somewhat nearby. We all know everyone in the west, aside from LA, is going to be on his no go list.

Scuds as with the case of all players can be bought out via the regular buy-out method. Now, many say that 35Yr. old Scuds with a 3.3MM contract for 3 years is tradable after having a very bad season using any one's measuring criterea. I hope all the Scud supporters will speak up and indicate realisticly what the Pens could get for him. IMO, he is not tradeable due to his age, contract, and very bad year. If you were the Pens, would you offer even a 7th round pick for him.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh

Send him to the Flyers, they have a history of signing "quality" defensemen :P He can be our little trojan horse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad