OT: Will the Penguins draft Lemieux's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mario told Austin to hold back to insure he gets picked by Daddy'O and Boom!

The next one is spawn. Got to keep the family business afloat.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
it clearly wouldn't be a move that anybody intends to be a good hockey move. It would be a way to do something neat for the kid. Which I think is dumb in its own right,

"Dumb" isn't the word I'd choose if that's actually the reason. I assumed from the question that this kid might be good enough to get drafted late by any team. If he's not even 7th round crap-shoot good, then it's way worse than dumb.

Would take "we are family" to a whole new level of depressing.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
he's not good at hockey, guys.

His nephew, Mikael, was the better player. He played a year in the Q and did pretty well but neither player are NHL caliber by any stretch. They aren't like the Staals.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I've seen a lot of Phil Samuelsson play when he was around the Morristown NJ area. If he could go pro any one with the will and want could.

If Austin plays it seems like it would be as a grinding third liner. I've only seen him once when he came to Hackensack NJ for a game. He has good size, is willing to work and will throw the body around.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Depends where he ranks come his draft year but if he is way under we can always save the pick and invite him to camp anyways. I know it's not the same as getting drafted but still better then nothing

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Depends where he ranks come his draft year but if he is way under we can always save the pick and invite him to camp anyways. I know it's not the same as getting drafted but still better then nothing

He's not that good at hockey. Why would the Pens invite a player to camp that is not good enough to be there? Isn't being the son of a lengendary and really rich hockey player enough privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad