NFL: Will the Pats put up 50+ points on the Dolphins next Sunday?

Will the Pats put up 50+ points on the Dolphins next Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Dolphins gave up 6 passing TDs and a perfect passer rating to Lamar Jackson and RG3 and 59 points overall to the Ravens.

Patriots will be inserting Antonio Brown into the lineup next week. Do you think the Patriots will put up 50+ points? This game will be in Miami.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
When I was young, year after year, the one thing you could count on was the Dolphins being good to very good to PERFECT.

With Shula at the helm, and either Griese or WoodStrock or Marino, the team was a treat to cheer for.

Now... for decades, nothing but garbage.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Patriots could start their backup QB and probably still win 30-0.

Brady might not even play a full 2 quarters.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I say no. I predict they will finish in the high 30's-early 40's. No way the stars are playing in the 4th Q.

The Pats have a bit of a history of either somehow losing or just barely winning games they were expected to 'dominate' (see the Lions game a year ago) but the Dolphins are just sooo bad and by all accounts, the locker room is already in shambles with the mutiny talk...

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
the Patriots offensive line is a huge question mark right now. The Dolphins can take advantage of that as the Patriots work through integrating AB into the offense.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Brown will whine if they don't throw him the ball when they are up by 4 touchdowns.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
the Patriots offensive line is a huge question mark right now. The Dolphins can take advantage of that as the Patriots work through integrating AB into the offense.
If we're talking about the O-line as it pertains to passing offense, Brady has always been amazing at getting the ball off quickly when he needs to and New England has so many good check-down options.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The Patriots generally struggle in Miami. This could definitely end up like 30-13 where it feels like it should be worse than it actually was.

If they didn't have the miami miracle happen last year I'd agree with you.

But that's still fresh in their minds. A 14-17 point win seems like the likeliest outcome

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's a variable people are missing from yesterday. John Harbaugh holds a grudge against the Dolphins after Kiko Alonso tried to kill Joe Flacco two years ago.

He was going all out to run up the score, especially considering he sent Lamar Jackson out for the second half despite it being 42-3 and kept him in up until about 7 min left in the 4th quarter. I have no problem with them running the score (have a problem? stop them) even if Harbaugh was being a bit reckless with potentially putting his QB in danger in garbage time.

New England isn't really one for grudges, or running up the score (not Belichick's fault he's had a few big score games when he pulled his starters) so i don't see them dropping 50+ 40? Maybe. the Pats scored 20 in a half against a far better team than Miami so....

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
There's a variable people are missing from yesterday. John Harbaugh holds a grudge against the Dolphins after Kiko Alonso tried to kill Joe Flacco two years ago.

He was going all out to run up the score, especially considering he sent Lamar Jackson out for the second half despite it being 42-3 and kept him in up until about 7 min left in the 4th quarter. I have no problem with them running the score (have a problem? stop them) even if Harbaugh was being a bit reckless with potentially putting his QB in danger in garbage time.

New England isn't really one for grudges, or running up the score (not Belichick's fault he's had a few big score games when he pulled his starters) so i don't see them dropping 50+ 40? Maybe. the Pats scored 20 in a half against a far better team than Miami so....
BB will treat it as practice once out of reach for Miami. AB will need to get up to speed so I expect him to get looks later in the game.After the score is run up unintentionally BB will say in a presser there is no such thing as a safe lead in this league.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad