Will the Oilers lead the league in goals scored?

Will the Oilers lead the league in goals scored next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Interesting that the discussion up to now has only focused on the forwards.
Just a reminder: Barrie and Nurse were the 3rd and 4th highest scorers, respectively last season.

While I'm not saying he's going to finish with only 20 points or so, let's also remember that Nurse's goal production was due to him shooting over 10%. If he drops down to what he usually shoots, you're looking at a 5-10 goal pace rather than his 20-ish goal pace.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I'll be surprised to see Nurse among the defensemen scoring leaders this year. 40-ish points, give or take a half dozen either way, is my guess.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Any team with Mcdavid and Draisaitl has a good chance.

If their bottom 6 manages to produce average stats, they will be right up there near the top.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
While I'm not saying he's going to finish with only 20 points or so, let's also remember that Nurse's goal production was due to him shooting over 10%....

That was actually my point. I just found it odd that a thread about Oilers and goalscoring made 0 mention of Nurse, who just finished with an absolute career year (which I don't think can be expected again, at least not offensively).

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They were nowhere near first either of the last 2 years.
I still think more stacked teams like Tampa, Colorado, Toronto are way more likely to lead in goals.

Edmonton to score at a slightly above average rate - but with McDrai having a very high % of involvement in team goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad