Will the NAHL ever be stable?

MrBojangles4

Jan 4, 2015
It seems like every year at least three teams relocate of move to a different league in the NAHL. The new moves of NAHL franchises to the east coast and Wenatchee leaving for the BCHL for next season show just how unstable all of the franchises are. All of the teams in the league seem to be less than 10 years old besides the Springfield Jr. Blues. Does anyone know which teams even make money or not?

The Keystone Ice Miners franchise was an utter failure. I don't even think that town has 2,000 people in it and their rink was garbage.

I do not see a free-to-play franchise working in a Philadelphia or New York suburb. There is no way they will generate enough revenue to sustain a Junior team that is supposed to pay for all expenses besides billet.

I think the league should just focus on less teams in the league who do well. They should keep the franchises in Texas and the teams in the Wisco/Minn/Dakota region and stick with that. They should model more like the USHL and have around 16 teams with a better talent pool and focus on mainly moving kids onto Division 1 instead of moving three different teams each year to new markets that will obviously not work. Any thoughts?

jliebs

Aug 26, 2014
sincerely hope youre wrong . Free choice in the northeast is best for the players.
and would serve to finally put a cap on the blood sucking tuitions costs of other junior prgrams in the area,pay to play or pay even more than the next guy to get noticed has to stop. Its all become very transparent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad