Will the Leafs be a different team on Thursday?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I voted yes we will see trades. My ideal moves i would like to see would be costly,but i would like to see Steve Ott and David Clarkson added. The reasoning is i believe they are great fits for Carlyle.

Character players and veteran leadership. Lots of nasty. Why wait until summer to sign Clarkson i'm thinkin. Screw Luongo or adding a veteran goalie too.

Clarkson is the UFA I want the most his offseason. I think we have a good chance at getting him to sign with the leafs this summer. Would you like to play on a line with lupul and kadri in your hometown of Toronto? Very attractive offer.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I doubt anything happens. The team is clicking, reimer is playing great. I would add a legit top 4 D though to help phaneuf but I wouldn't do anything to ruin the team so I doubt anything happens.

leafspring*

Clarkson is the UFA I want the most his offseason. I think we have a good chance at getting him to sign with the leafs this summer. Would you like to play on a line with lupul and kadri in your hometown of Toronto? Very attractive offer.

I think he will sign with the leafs next year but would like to have him going into the play-offs at the right price. Lou knows he will lose him i think. Wouldn't give a first rounder for him. A good offer that lou would be interested in i wouldn't like to speculate on either.

Clarkson doesn't have any NMC's/NTC's in his contract though.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Yeah I remember reading somewhere he was a big Leafs fan growing up. Would definitely love to acquire him this offseason.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I doubt anything happens. The team is clicking, reimer is playing great. I would add a legit top 4 D though to help phaneuf but I wouldn't do anything to ruin the team so I doubt anything happens.

The more I think about it the more I'm opening up to the idea of risking a bit of the future for Yandle. It's going to take a lot but man he would fit in perfectly with our D-core. He could slide in and play with Phaneuf.

leafspring*

The more I think about it the more I'm opening up to the idea of risking a bit of the future for Yandle. It's going to take a lot but man he would fit in perfectly with our D-core. He could slide in and play with Phaneuf.

Oh yeah?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I've changed my stance on our goalie situation. Let us go like we are and let them develop. We can always reassess during the summer.

Anything else maybe some leadership but even that I don't think it's an issue right now. I say we're good to go.

We should of signed Vokoun in the summer, he's playing awesome for the Pens when Fluery was off his game :amazed:

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
heres an idea that will make people think. but let me say i am not a Kessel basher i think he has done everything axked of him. but i would like to see nonis talk to columbus about trading him there for either 2 of their 3 first round picks in this draft or NYR first and a A list forward prospect.my reasoning is that columbus is a team that needs to make the playoffs as well and i think they would be willing to give up a cpl first round picks for kessel. he would help them get there this year and we would then turn those 2 first plus maybe one of our prospects into a top 5 or top ten pick and draft a very good player who could still help out right away and be lot cheaper then kessel and still have our first to draft another quality player in the 15-20 range. im not suggesting we will get any of the top 3 but more 4-10th which still would yeild a star type player even if we have to add a B prospect (blacker,,leivo,broll or mid round pick) with kessel to get those 2 firsts would be worth it in my opion. just think that kessel value will not be any higher in the summer and not sure he is worth what he will want on his next contract . this also helps us long term to become cup contenders. flame away

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I really don't want any moves because Nonis won't (or shouldn't) be dealing from the roster.

Which means we'll be dealing futures. Not a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad