Will The Kings Win The Cup?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Voted not sure but anything can happen. Again like I'm sure everyone alluded to just look at 2012. However, unlike 2012 I have maaaajor doubts about our second line center. Seriously don't know who we are gonna get with Richards. We had Scuds and this year we have ummmmm MUFFINS. :shakehead Sorry you aint winnin jack with this guy. Plus every team in the west got better. Gonna be hard but I'm hoping for the best.

FPotvin39

Pad Stacker
Jan 18, 2007
So Cal
I hope I'm wrong but I voted NO. The Kings will have tough series vs. San Jose while the Ducks have "walk in the park" vs. the Stars. That to me will be the big difference.

While I do think the ducks will beat the stars, I certainly would not call the stars a "walk in the park". The Stars have some incredible players (Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, and Nichushkin to name a few) and their goalie is good to. Keep in mind that the ducks don't even have their goaltending situation figured out for the playoffs yet. I think the Stars will give the ducks a run for their money.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings just don't match-up well with Chicago, it has nothing to do with playing a tough series with the Blues or Mitchell being hurt, or Richards being hurt or the Kings slumping or on a back to back. Their style of play, in particular the speed that their defenders get the puck out and their speed to the outside just gives us huge fits, and many of their scorers just have Quick's number where he is in the heads of many Blues and Sharks.

Before last season, the Kings had been beating Chicago regularly. (3-1 against them in 11/12)

For whatever reason, neither of these teams have faced each other when both were playing well over the past 2 seasons.

Our losses against Chicago this year:
Dec 15th in Chicago (2nd night of a back to back on the road)
Dec 39th in Chicago (Right in the middle of a 5 games losing streak)
Feb 3rd (Kings were 1-7-1 in the 9 games leading up to this one)

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I typically bang the the drum pretty loudly and while I will continue to do so I have several unanswered questions regarding our ability to shut down our opponents in critical situations as well as a few questions concerning some of the line decisions that we make.

Can we win the cup? Without a doubt we have the horses. Will we win the cup? I sit at 50/50 logically but my heart is like it always is going to believe we WILL win the cup until the last second of the final game we play.

GO KINGS GO!

Yes! Of course they are going to win the Cup.

I honestly think the first round can go either way but if they get out of the first round, I think they have as good of a shot as anyone to win the Cup. The reality is anyone can win the Cup. I think Dallas and Minnesota are the least likely from the West but I could see any of the other 6 teams making it to the finals. Sure I have my thoughts and predictions but I wouldn't be surprised if any of the teams made it to the Cup finals except Minnesota and Dallas. But even those teams I could see making it to the Conference finals.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Before last season, the Kings had been beating Chicago regularly. (3-1 against them in 11/12)

For whatever reason, neither of these teams have faced each other when both were playing well over the past 2 seasons.

Our losses against Chicago this year:
Dec 15th in Chicago (2nd night of a back to back on the road)
Dec 39th in Chicago (Right in the middle of a 5 games losing streak)
Feb 3rd (Kings were 1-7-1 in the 9 games leading up to this one)

Since 09-10 when both teams were playoff teams every year, the Kings are 7-14-0 vs. Chicago, with three of those wins in a shootout. Since the Kings won the cup in 2012 we are 2-9 against them.

The numbers don't lie, they have our number and we would be a massive dog against them in a 7 game series this year. Sad but true.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Since 09-10 when both teams were playoff teams every year, the Kings are 7-14-0 vs. Chicago, with three of those wins in a shootout. Since the Kings won the cup in 2012 we are 2-9 against them.

The numbers don't lie, they have our number and we would be a massive dog against them in a 7 game series this year. Sad but true.

Thanks Herbie!

It seems like we struggle not only with teams with quick offense, but teams with real game-breakers. You don't want to be holding onto a one-goal lead when you have guys like Kane-Toews, Benn-Seguin, this year's model of Getzlaf-Perry staring you down. When those guys are playing with nothing to lose, it's the Kings' antithesis.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
After 2012 and even last year making it to the WCF I can't "no" or "not sure" to this question. Team hasn't changed THAT much and is 100% capable of making a run and doing some damage in the playoffs.

Just too many unknowns right now to answer not answer "yes" to this question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad