Proposal: Will the Hawks add a significant player this offseason?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We didn't have anyone ready in 2011. We're loaded to the gills with NHL ready prospects right now, No. 4 system in the NHL.

Nordstrom, Johns, Rundblad, Danault/Hartman, all are fine options for bottom 6/bottom pairing D.

Wait, I thought Bowman sucked at drafting and doesn't make trades? how are these guys fine options in that case?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Wait, I thought Bowman sucked at drafting and doesn't make trades? how are these guys fine options in that case?

They're either good or they're not. Let's find out, maybe I'm wrong and everybody else is right. Maybe we actually are producing talent like a top 4 system should.

Retail1LO*

Well...we're already likely going to have to jettison salary so we can accomodate their highnesses. While we're at it, I don't mind clearing some more to fill the 2C spot, and start bringing up some youth. We'll take some lumps, but, Kane & Toews will be earning enough to put up with it. May as well see if we can get some of our top prospects up to speed before Toews' & Kane's next contracts expire.

The depth of our farm system is going to be key. Soon we'll know who the REAL core is...because anyone not a part of it is going to be at risk of moving, and that hole will need to be filled cheaply. And there's no cheaper way to fill a hole than bringing up the Hogs.

I'm not worried either way. Yeah...I want more cups. But sometimes you have to make tough choices. Keeping T&K at the price their asking is pretty much going to push some of their teammates right out the door. Just business, I suppose.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
I thought with Sharp on the table they were trying to show that they've got balls and are willing to move things around to obtain a bonafide 2C

but now that Sharps OFF the table...I think they're just gonna go for small moves. Plus im sure this 10M a year AAV thing is giving Bowman a headache

SLarmer28*

We didn't have anyone ready in 2011. We're loaded to the gills with NHL ready prospects right now, No. 4 system in the NHL.

Nordstrom, Johns, Rundblad, Danault/Hartman, all are fine options for bottom 6/bottom pairing D
Seriously?

Nordstrom stinks
Rundblad stinks
Johns has yet to play a NHL game
Danault has yet to play a NHL game
Hartman has yet to play a NHL game

Danault will need another season in the AHL.
Johns, Hartman will most likely need at least one season in the AHL or until the trade deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLarmer28*

If the Chicago Blackhawks are willing to jettison Bickell, Versteeg, Rozsival then the Chicago Blackhawks will have the necessary salary cap space to obtain a bona fide second line center. Whether Chicago Blackhawks are willing to give up prized prospects to obtain a bona fide second line center remains to be seen.

Sharp - Toews - Hossa
Saad - xxxx - Kane
Ross - Shaw - Morin
Bollig - Kruger - Smith

Keith - Seabrook
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - yyyy

xxxx - Kesler, Spezza
yyyy - Brookbank to hold the fort down until Johns is ready.

SLarmer28*

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Brandon Saad ($0.764m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Garret Ross ($0.637m) / Andrew Shaw ($2.000m) / Jeremy Morin ($0.761m)
Brandon Bollig ($1.250m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Ben Smith ($1.250m)
Peter Regin ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Johnny Oduya ($3.375m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($4.100m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Michal Rozsival ($2.200m)
David Rundblad ($0.785m)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($6.000m)
Antti Raanta ($0.925m)

BUYOUTS
Steve Montador ($0.000m)
Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)

BONUS OVERAGE
$0

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,600,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,935,545; BONUSES: $130,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $664,455

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Brandon Saad ($0.764m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Garret Ross ($0.637m) / Andrew Shaw ($2.000m) / Jeremy Morin ($0.761m)
Brandon Bollig ($1.250m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Ben Smith ($1.250m)
Peter Regin ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Johnny Oduya ($3.375m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($4.100m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Michal Rozsival ($2.200m)
David Rundblad ($0.785m)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($6.000m)
Antti Raanta ($0.925m)

BUYOUTS
Steve Montador ($0.000m)
Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)

BONUS OVERAGE
$0

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,600,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,935,545; BONUSES: $130,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $664,455

You're right, Kesler is doable. It's either him or Spezza. I'd much rather have Kesler because of his two year deal and I'd like to be more top heavy in 15-16 when T/K new deals kick in. If you're going to be significantly weaker than your opponents either way, give me another all around horse at C and let me take my chances with that, much like 2010-11, a team that could have won the Cup if they had scored in game 7 OT. I really think they would have made the finals and the key was having Campbell still around.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I thought with Sharp on the table they were trying to show that they've got balls and are willing to move things around to obtain a bonafide 2C

but now that Sharps OFF the table...I think they're just gonna go for small moves. Plus im sure this 10M a year AAV thing is giving Bowman a headache

Well, we just know that's what his agent said. Bowman declined to confirm himself.

I still can see Sharp getting moved today

I would have thought that if they planned on moving him they would have gotten the teams he'd agree to waive his NMC for. I'd think it would be hard to make a very sudden move with him because he'd have to agree to waive...and his agent made it sound like he was freaking over this...so springing it on him and expecting immediate agreement could backfire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad