Will the Habs win an OT/SO game this season?

Will the Habs win an OT/SO game this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
They sure have a weird and boring style in OT playing keep away and just skating around wasting time. Probably deserve to be 0-9 for that alone

Totally agree. That was pathetic to watch.

An entire team thats ok with just skating in circles on their own side of centre afraid to make a mistake.

Reactions: bh53

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Unless they change their mentality for OT periods, no.

Sure there’s some logic in saying starting OT with your best faceoff man and fastest skater should yield results but when those 2 players combine for 4 goals on the season, it may be a futile exercise.

Then is their strategy of controlling the puck and tiring out the opponent before attacking. Seems to me that is a strategy more like playing not to lose than playing to win.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
maybe a shootout, but they they play 3 on 3 there is no bad-luck or fluke going on that keeps them from winning, they just flat out are terrible

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
L
Habs are the best 5v5 team in the North division by a substantial margin. I would feel 10 times more confident in the Habs winning a 5v5 OT than a regular season OT.
very true! I honestly forgot overtime was 3on3 for a minute there yikes

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
If I'm in charge of the Habs, I pull the goalie in overtime and play 4-3 as much as I can. There's literally nothing to lose and, with luck, maybe win a time or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad