News Article: Will the Fans Come Back?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I've been an Oiler fan basically since birth. I can honestly say that if we lose McDavid I'm done. It's just too much incompetence to handle.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I only have to sell about 7 or 8 games this season and I will be out. Doesn't make sense to keep being a season ticket holder. Heck team had best start in years, GM did nothing but let it slip away. So easy to buy tickets at below cost now, lots of empty seats most nights. A few of my friends who also have tickets are dropping out this year as well. Holland is preaching paitence, which is fine, but Ill drop my tickets in the mean time, I think its just a matter of time for Mcdavid to ask for trade.
I'm in the same boat. I love the Oilers but it's too much. They'll need to seriously adjust the prices for next season if they don't want an empty arena. A discount on overpriced beer and Oilers bucks isn't going to cut it.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The fact that they are a bad and boring team despite having McDavid speaks volumes.
Not only that, they have had high picks since 2010 prior to McDavid getting drafted. It's one of the most embarassing runs in professional sports history (in a league that has a high degree of parity as well).

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not only that, they have had high picks since 2010 prior to McDavid getting drafted. It's one of the most embarassing runs in professional sports history (in a league that has a high degree of parity as well).
More than half of those top picks aren’t currently with the team either. We suck at drafting in the latter rounds but frankly even our first round drafting isn’t anything to write home about either.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Haven't been to any games this year yet, but fully expect to be getting some kick ass deals on a few games in the future. Again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad