Will the fans come back this year

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The venue's/owners of said venue set the prices
This is true most facilities are owned corporate and have control on stuff like concessions, in most places its usually split into three separate costs and are charged accordingly.

1. Parking is usually a cost put in place by the cities.

2. Most facilities are corporate and charge surcharges that are usually included in the ticket price.

3. The teams set the minimum ticketing price based off of seat location within the buildings.

In looking at what walk-up ticket prices are around a few places this season the general walk-up tickets are around $22-28 before tax and fees. As this isn't a huge surprise by myself the biggest price jump for a general admission ticket is London at a $26-50 range depending on where the seats are in the building and how close you are to the ice. Then throw in parking an extra $10-15 for parking and before food or alcohol cost your evening is somewhere in the $40-60 range.

So I figured around guess by the time you add a few drinks if you're a person who indulges on that your night could cost you $75-90 in a bigger centre.

But that's in a very general sense what costs could be in some places.

Reactions: Hammer9001

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I don't think the league controls the cost of beer.

Yeah, I know. Point is, beer at sports games has gotten out of control, not just for the OHL. Beer shouldn't be breaking the $10 mark, when it is sold at a profit outside an arena, with deposit for less the $3 a tallboy.

Yet I don't think $12 tallboys are uncommon now. A markup of 4x the already profitable cost for the brewer is getting to be a bit much.

Last edited:

HkyBeegs3

Mar 18, 2009
Sarnia
Beer prices are out of control everywhere, but so are every other concession items. The average fan is being priced out of attending ohl games across the province.....sucks

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Beer prices are out of control everywhere, but so are every other concession items. The average fan is being priced out of attending ohl games across the province.....sucks

Oddly enough, the gap between normal restaurant/bar prices and Arena concessions is narrowing! I went to Jack Astors a month or so ago and they wanted $23 for a Burger and $29 for nachos…..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad