Will the Canucks make the playoffs this season under Boudreau?

Will the Canucks make the playoffs this season under Boudreau?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's probably too late to matter

they have 18 points in 25 games so far and at this point even to hit 95 points they would need 77 in their remaining 57 games(which is a 111 point pace)

basically at this point in order to make the Playoffs they would need to play like a Presidents' Trophy team for the rest of the season

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
it's probably too late to matter

they have 18 points in 25 games so far and at this point even to hit 95 points they would need 77 in their remaining 57 games(which is a 111 point pace)

basically at this point in order to make the Playoffs they would need to play like a Presidents' Trophy team for the rest of the season
Bruce Boudreau has one President's Trophy in thirteen years.
Using incredibly-high-fidelity statistical analysis, this means the Canucks have a 1/13 chance of making the playoffs!

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Too little too late. I think at best we see some progress along the lines of what was hoped for going into the year, and improved play from the forwards, though at the same time, if the year is lost it might be best to get the highest pick

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think it is the right coach for the job but they have very little shot of winning enough games to make up the gap. They're too far behind.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm just hoping they play respectable the rest of the way. This is just the first change until we hire a new GM and see their plan we have no idea what will happen. This season is about changing the culture more then anything now.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Best case scenario is a Sutter like trajectory. Get used to the system this year and get some confidence back and then come back next year with the foot to the floor

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Waited too long, it could have been done. Doesn't look great for next year either as they have hard decisions to make with Bo, JT, BB..

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Too little too late for me. What it will do though is cost them a higher spot in the standings. They won't have as good a draft pick because of the change. Had they waited till seasons end they may have been a lottery pick. Now they'll likely be a middle team which is actually worse.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Don't think the defense is good enough, even if Bruce gets the team's stars firing on all cylinders, to have a monumental turnaround.

I think if they can somehow get back to being a bubble team, it would be a pretty good accomplishment. Realistically, though, they play about .500 hockey (or a little above) and remain firmly in the lower half of the division and conference.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Maybe like a 5% chance. There's just too much in front of them. Too many teams. They need a 0.684 p% over the rest of the season to hit 96 points and I still don't expect the Pac to get any WC spots.

There's only 10 teams right now above that P% and inevitably some will drop. They have 57 games left - last year there was only 4 teams that sustained that P% over the 56 game season.

I'd say that it's too late. If they were in the position of the Isles with 5 less games played they would have a little more breathing room, but they are near the top of the league in GP already.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Think they will be much more engaged,but it may be too late...Stranger things have happened though...I hope it works out for them

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Boudreau is usually pretty good at turning around teams mid-year.

After the Blues went from last to cup champions in 6 months (yes they had a better roster than Van does) its hard to count anyone out

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Lol, because it's Boudreau, because EP and Boeser is horribly underperforming, I'll give it a 10% chance.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
5 tough games at home, then 8 of 9 against Seattle, AZ, SJ, LA, ANA. Win 10 of those 14 and they get back to .500 at least have a chance. Unlikely though.

Boudreau did go on a crazy stretch when he took over the Ducks, they won something crazy, like 22 of 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad