Speculation: Will the Bruins try to get Stamkos?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Does he play center?

First of all, unless the Lightning season goes completely off the rails, there’s no way they trade him.

So then, if he reaches free agency they will absolutely pursue him, as will everyone else.

The real question is once Stamkos is off the market will the Bruins try to land Bedard?

not many are going to be pursuing him for the money he’d be asking for.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I still can’t see Tampa moving him. He also seems like the type to sign a sweet heart deal to stay where he is. I’ve been wrong before of course…

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if TB shops Stamkos as a rental this year. Jbb might have wanted to keep that option open, looking at the team on paper.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think Stammer re-signs in Tampa in the offseason, at a reasonable price, just like he did 8 years ago. As far as I can tell, he likes it in Tampa, they like him, and I think both sides are comfortable letting the season progress and getting a deal done in the offseason.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if TB shops Stamkos as a rental this year. Jbb might have wanted to keep that option open, looking at the team on paper.
Full NMC.

For signing such a sweet heart deal he got protection and rightfully so.

--

I could see during the summer if they do not re sign him that he could look to the Bruins. I do see him a bit more of a winger now but he can slide into the big C hole they have.

Reactions: Voight and hn777

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
First of all, unless the Lightning season goes completely off the rails, there’s no way they trade him.

So then, if he reaches free agency they will absolutely pursue him, as will everyone else.

The real question is once Stamkos is off the market will the Bruins try to land Bedard?

Please don't give Jimmy Murphy any more ideas for BS things to write about.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd like to see him retire as a Lightning. He's been there so long and has achieved incredible success. It only feels right to stay with one organization after all that time.

Reactions: ON3M4N

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Full NMC.

For signing such a sweet heart deal he got protection and rightfully so.

--

I could see during the summer if they do not re sign him that he could look to the Bruins. I do see him a bit more of a winger now but he can slide into the big C hole they have.
If TB isnt going to make the playoffs, and TB hasnt offered anything, I think Stamkos waives. Might bring him back next year. This is in the scenario where we are far out.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
They need centers isn't he more of winger since Point arrived?
He can play either. There’s not a huge difference in Tampa’s system anyway; the main reasons for moving him to the wing are to allow both Point and Cirelli to play in the top six and to allow Stamkos to play with Point and Kucherov when they want to really stack the top line. They do still play him at center from time to time, he takes the most faceoffs of anyone on the team even when he’s at the wing, and frankly I wish they would just play him at 2C all the time and drop Cirelli to 3C as the two of them have never had chemistry on a line together despite Cooper’s insistence on forcing it.

That said I think Boston might be the only team that would make me more physically ill to see Stammer on than Toronto. Anywhere but those two, but especially not Boston. Still I do hope that things can somehow work out for him to retire a Bolt - nobody outside of Espo has meant more to the organization and it would be a shame to see him play anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad