Will the Adidas change cause the NHL to grow in popularity in Russia?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Adidas is like the poutine of Russia, so I am wondering if you guys think (and anyone from the area) that Russians will be more likely to purchase gear and generally follow the NHL?

Also, do you think Russians would be more willing to come over to the NHL due to this?

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Adidas is like the poutine of Russia, so I am wondering if you guys think (and anyone from the area) that Russians will be more likely to purchase gear and generally follow the NHL?

Also, do you think Russians would be more willing to come over to the NHL due to this?

Most Russian hockey fans already follow the NHL. As it's the best hockey league in the world and their best players play in it. As to the buying more gear thing, I have no idea.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
20659616272_60ffd49c9f.jpg

Not enough of this on the new jerseys, sadly.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
May I ask where the OP has this weird assumption about the popularity of A-das in Russia?

Or that popularity of a brand :laugh: may affect the popularity of a sport that is vastly popular in Russia anyway?

If anything Gary's policy of killing international hockey might make the NHL less popular.

I for my part won't watch the NHL out of pure protest. NHL is cancer to hockey.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Unfortunately, hockey will always be second tier in Russia due to the fact it's played on ice, and they only drink their vodka neat.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Shockingly most Russians aren't massive stereotypes only interested in track suits.

What are you talking about? Everyone knows the great Russian pastime is going to the mall with your friends to try on track suits together. Whoever picks the worst suit has to buy for the others!

To the OP: No, I don't think it will have any discernible affect on the NHL's popularity in Russia.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
If they put out team tracksuits I am gonna go broke.

Seriously. A good part of my wardrobe has always been made up of Adidas. If they start making Kings track jackets I'm gonna have to get at least one. That would be so sick if they made them in their classic Forum Blue and Gold. They would sell like crazy too because those are the Lakers colors.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
NHL should have chosen Abibas to gain more popularity in Russia

121998537087155.jpg

I think the woolcap actually reads "adidas", the image has just been slipped to mirrored.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Steteotypes on full display. It's as silly as suggesting all North Americans drink Bud Light and wear clothes from Old Navy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad