Will SK Return?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Just a low rumble for now, but there are whispers KHL teams may be offering "inducements" to get RUS stars to stay and not return to NHL.

In last 24 hours, multiple sources told me NHL teams would do well to have roll call because it's possible a RUS player or two may not show.

Two things to keep in mind: 1. Many RUS stars publicly stated earlier this season they might stay the entire the year in the KHL.

2. NHL-KHL have post-Radulov pact to honor contracts. That said, been suggested to me this entire issue could heat up again. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...66217309995008
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...66643832979456
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...67083593183232
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...67652865077250

I remember early in the lockout, SK appeared to be quite happy playing in Russia. Will he play this season?

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Yes, he'll be back. Ovechkin also said similar things and he'll obviously be back. It's their way of boosting local fan morale by saying "I really like playing here and the people here."

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm sure he will, but if he stays there, we're screwed. Even if every forward is healthy...

Erat-Fisher-Wilson
Hornqvist-Legwand-Smith
Halischuk-Gaustad-Bourque
Yip-Spaling-McG

:baghead:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Im wondering why the KHL would to do this with the olympics in Sochi next year...

I suspect they play ball and send the NHL players back

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Kostitsyn did play for Avangard today and had two assists.

Shouldn't be an issue. Many players are staying until they get confirmation of the end of the lockout on tuesday/wednesday.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
Kovalchuk, Tarasenko and Bobrovsky still with SKA, may play tomorrow, Sport-Express reports. VT, Bobs already said they'll be back, though

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Doesn't look like anyone is staying In Da K:

Katie Strang‏@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA Via email, Bill Daly said KHL has confirmed they honor agreement with NHL that NHL player cannot play there once lockout lifted

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Doesn't look like anyone is staying In Da K:

Katie Strang‏@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA Via email, Bill Daly said KHL has confirmed they honor agreement with NHL that NHL player cannot play there once lockout lifted

wonder what they will do with Visnovsky. He had filed a grievance against the league seeking to void his trade to the Isles. will be very interested to see if the KHL stands firm and bars him from their league.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Sergei is playing in the KHL tomorrow (that might be tonight), but is expected to return. A fair number of players played in the KHL today as well. Belief is that the players are playing until the lockout is lifted at which point their KHL contracts will cease...

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Apparently Andrei may be coming back with him.... this may be why his plans have seemed so up in the air.....

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flap...ans-kovalev-kostitsyn-svatos-on-try-outs.html

The Panthers have apparently offered training camp try outs to a number of veteran NHL players including 39-year-old Alex Kovalev, Andrei Kostitsyn and Marek Svatos.

Still wish we would have given the Gaustad deal to AK rather than Goose. Like Gaustad, but Spaling can play his role, no problem.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Still wish we would have given the Gaustad deal to AK rather than Goose. Like Gaustad, but Spaling can play his role, no problem.

While Goose is overpaid, I'd take him over AK. I'm not a fan of AK's attitude and twice now we've seen the brothers play together and it not work out.

There's a reason why the only way he's playing in the league again is on a tryout.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
While Goose is overpaid, I'd take him over AK. I'm not a fan of AK's attitude and twice now we've seen the brothers play together and it not work out.

There's a reason why the only way he's playing in the league again is on a tryout.

It was working out just fine until Radulov came along. I firmly believe he was the problem, not AK.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Interesting interview with Medvedev posted where he disses the NHL (really?) and says that, if players want to stay in the K, he will help them.

Juneemoon

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
Avangard is actually playing right now and Sergei is not in the lineup. His coach said before the game that he has gone (is going?) back to Nashville.

tserberis*

He is in the air! Should be in Nashville by tomorrow.

He never said he doesn't want to come back. He said it would be nice to finish season there, stay in one place and not to jump here and there. Said that let them take time to figure out the best deal and not to rush into anything...

He had fun on the team and was one of the best on it and had a real chance at the Cup. Team should be in the finals IMO...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad