Speculation: Will Ryan Strome be traded?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It wouldn’t shock me, but I’ll guess no. I can see him held onto to continue with Panarin on a fair deal. Seems like a sellers market unlike last year so things could change.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd say no, I think hes a perfect example of being put in a position to exceed. He had no expectations going into the season and was blessed with Panarin. They have good chemistry and should stay together. Other GMs have to see what happened in Edmonton and think they dont want that risk for how much hes going to cost.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
My guess with the way Rangers are in a serious playoff hunt they keep him and trade at around draft time.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He’s good with Panarin, mediocre elsewhere. Teams will recognize that and not pay what the Rangers will want for him. I think they end up keeping him because of that.

He was good with Islanders at one time. He was also good with Rangers last season before Panarin was there and was also a 5th overall pick so other teams should recognize that it isn't just Panarin.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He’s proven to be really good for the Rangers. My guess is they’d keep him. Zib is their #1 and Strome is Proving he can be a top6 Center.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If the Rangers are smart they'll avoid giving him a long-term deal. He's passable for the very short term but I have little to no interest in him beyond that.

Hes versatile and provides some vet leadership. I wouldn’t lose sleep if they traded him but he seems like he’d come at a fair rate and bring some value for the buck.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Hes versatile and provides some vet leadership. I wouldn’t lose sleep if they traded him but he seems like he’d come at a fair rate and bring some value for the buck.
He's not that versatile IMO. If he's not scoring he doesn't contribute much. He's not particularly responsible defensively, doesn't play a physical game. And his scoring has really only been good for one year, a lot of which he's played with an elite scorer having the best year of his career.

I guess it depends how we allocate the cap for the next few years, but I suspect he's going to want to be paid somewhat in line with this year's production and I think we can spend that money more wisely.

Reactions: bernmeister

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This is Strome’s third team and he’s only 26. There’s a good chance that he may accept a smaller pay increase for more years just to have the stability of a longer deal. He’s had two 2 year deals since his ELC.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I think it's much more likely that he is traded if the Rangers re-sign Kreider. That raise is going to have to come from somewhere and if it's between getting rid of DeAngelo, Buchnevich, Skjei or Strome, I trade Strome without a second thought - even if the return isn't as good.

Reactions: bernmeister

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I'd say no, I think hes a perfect example of being put in a position to exceed. He had no expectations going into the season and was blessed with Panarin. They have good chemistry and should stay together. Other GMs have to see what happened in Edmonton and think they dont want that risk for how much hes going to cost.
I think they keep him at a good deal for both....I agree don't break up the chemistry....however you can't overlook how he played after you acquired him from Edmonton he played pretty good and that was prior to Panarin....

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think they keep him at a good deal for both....I agree don't break up the chemistry....however you can't overlook how he played after you acquired him from Edmonton he played pretty good and that was prior to Panarin....

He was decent last year but he was very lackluster before that. On his own hes an offensive 3C who can get about 40points a year. Hes outplayed that with the Rangers and is a perfect stop gap for their current roster.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
He was decent last year but he was very lackluster before that. On his own hes an offensive 3C who can get about 40points a year. Hes outplayed that with the Rangers and is a perfect stop gap for their current roster.
Agree and good to have with MZ concussion issues and chytil is still young pretty... valuable to have a player that can go first to 3 rd line center....like I said I think he wants to stay likes playing here so a fair deal for both is way to go....not sure at what amount maybe between 4.5 to 5.5 what do you think?

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Agree and good to have with MZ concussion issues and chytil is still young pretty... valuable to have a player that can go first to 3 rd line center....like I said I think he wants to stay likes playing here so a fair deal for both is way to go....not sure at what amount maybe between 4.5 to 5.5 what do you think?

I think anything with term is a mistake.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
There will be a market for him no doubt. Don't know if the return will be worth the rangers letting him go.
Keep him for now, he works well with panarin.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

way less
for that $ you can have him as FA
meantime, get a pick for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad