Will players be boo'd by their own fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
When the lockout is finally over, do you think any of the more vocal anti-cap/holdout guys will be boo'd by their own home fans when they hit the ice? Will there be any signs held up giving them a piece of mind?

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
If it went through the courts and the NHL somehow won, than yes. If the two sides negotiate a deal, some will still be angry, but overall I think people would just be happy hockey is back with the best CBA possible.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
hockeymistress said:
When the lockout is finally over, do you think any of the more vocal anti-cap/holdout guys will be boo'd by their own home fans when they hit the ice? Will there be any signs held up giving them a piece of mind?

I guess it depends how this settles.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
hockeymistress said:

possible... no one knows for sure.

Nimrods Son

i'll never have any respect for Mike Commodore after what he has done.

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
10 to 1 says Bettman doesn't present the Cup whenever the next championship is won. Most likely it'd be because he'd not only be booed but sharp projectiles might hit him as well. I'm hoping that the real is because by then he'll have been canned.

Lanny MacDonald*

sjb3599 said:
10 to 1 says Bettman doesn't present the Cup whenever the next championship is won. Most likely it'd be because he'd not only be booed but sharp projectiles might hit him as well. I'm hoping that the real is because by then he'll have been canned.

I'll take that bet. Since 80% of the fans are on the side of Bettman and the owners I suspect that Bettman will get resounding cheer, especially if the cup final is between two of the "have-nots" again.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Knowing that there are some players who truly want to play again, and are willing to bend a bit, no, I won't boo them when they hit the ice. I'm sure, though, there will be some booing in the beginning, but it will settle down nicely as hockey fans order their food and drinks while happily cursing the person next to them talking on their damn cellphones. :)

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
I doubt there will be much booing. People that disgusted with the players (or league for that matter) won't bother attending games. And that group of people is growing daily.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I can almost guarantee there will be boos here in Montreal. The fans have booed for much less. It won't be a prolonged thing, but unless the players can do something big to clean up their image in the eyes of the average joe, they will be booed the first game back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad