Will Peter Chiarelli get another job as GM in the league in the next 5 years?

Will Peter Chiarelli get another job as GM in the league in the next 5 years?

• Total voters

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Voted never again which i also said about Tambellini while he was still the Oilers GM.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I voted no.

However, the NHL is such an old boys club that I could certainly see it. My god though, I've had a hard time coming up with a GM who's done a worse job than Chia. He was magnificently bad.

Sadly for Oil fans, Seems to me he's not their biggest problem. The owner is. And he ain't firing himself.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Back as an assistant, or in some capacity, NHL execs love doing dumb crap like that. Maybe back as a gm somewhere down the line, wouldn't hold my breadth.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I warned Edmonton fans from the start... if anything Chiarelli got even worse this time around.

He should never have a hockey opportunity again...

Reactions: wintersej

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Yes he will... keep in mind my vote is based off my opinion that he will get one and not that he deserves one.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He'll work in the NHL again but likely not as a GM. Lots of horrible GMs - I'll mention Ferguson, Nonis, etc since it's easy to pick from my own team - have gone on to work in the front office for other teams. Just not as THE guy.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Voted somewhere in the next five years because what I think could likely happen is he's brought on as a consultant to some NHL team, is later promoted to assistant GM, then becomes a GM with one team or is promoted straight to President above general manager. Will guess either Arizona, Ottawa or Philadelphia bring him aboard if any team.

But I think the alternate option would be never again.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canucks fans fearing the rumour hes gonna be our President soon to replace Linden

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I see him in a role as AGM, managing contracts and the cap………

( I do belive NHL teams can be that stupid)

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
He won't get another straight GM position again.

He will have to circle back and take a position like AGM or head of scouting etc.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes he will get hired at least 1 more time, his tenure in Edmonton didn't work out but he does still have 2 finals, appearances, and a cup within the last 10 years that gets him hired again eventually.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I don’t think so. There was literally no positives with his time in EDM.

You can’t even break it down between good things and bad things he did, cuz they were all bad.

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
2nd worst gm after Milbury. I’m saying no. Has he done anything good? seems like he has a bad report with trading, signing, and drafting.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Back as an assistant, or in some capacity, NHL execs love doing dumb crap like that. Maybe back as a gm somewhere down the line, wouldn't hold my breadth.

This.

Does he deserve to be an assistant GM or even a consultant again? No.

But the NHL is an old boys club through and through. He will get a job over someone more intelligent and deserving for sure at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad