Will Patrik Laine break the NHL record for goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kameli

Feb 27, 2010
Espoo
I think Patrik Laine, or Patr. La. like he is often referred By media, has a very good chance to break the NHL most goals record hold By Gretzky at 894 goals.

My arguments are: He is very young, has atleast 20-25 seasons ahead. Lets say he puts 45 goals every season and he has the record. Injuries are not going to be a problem because he is made of steel. He cant be injured, he has so strong backbone and torso. And secondly, his shot is already like a laser without the colorful aiming, his aiming is invisible. He has a very long torso, so it helps a lot with his shot and reach.

All in all, I think in 2038 we have a new NHL goal record made By Laine, Patrik; 895 goals.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Probably not, also no player is immune to injuries if they play long enough, they will get injured. Not only would Laine have to be very healthy but he would have to average roughly 45 goals for 20 years to break the record, he simply would have to maintain such a high level of play for such a long time and be seldom injured just seems out of the question.

Kameli

Feb 27, 2010
Espoo
Lets just say that if he gets close to it, he could very well be playing at close to 45 years age like Jaromir.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Would have to be incredibly disappointed in him if he fails to do so.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
[mod] Assuming both stay healthy he may not even out score Mattews

Last edited by a moderator:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
No but Auston Matthews will since he's leading rookies in goals.

Why does every Laine thread have to end with Matthews being mentioned? Even the non-serious (I think) ones.

Because people were being obnoxious when Laine was scoring goals and slagging Matthews. Now when Matthews looks better we should take the high road? I THINK NOT.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No but Auston Matthews will since he's leading rookies in goals.

Because people were being obnoxious when Laine was scoring goals and slagging Matthews. Now when Matthews looks better we should take the high road? I THINK NOT.

trre.gif

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Depends on how soon Maurice is fired.

But no, likely not if his career lasts for less than ~25 years.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Did you just start watching hockey or something? No he will not break all time goals.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
These's threads keep coming at a very weird time. Matthews just scores two goals, and Laine has been cold for a while. Good idea to make a thread about this subject.

Laine will not break the NHL record for goals. It would require McDavid speed and NHL goalies from Gretzky era to start a conversation. The game is so much harder these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma