Will Ovechkin hit 20 goals this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Lol what a ridiculous post. He’ll easily score 30+, maybe even still hit 40-50. Will break the record next year
Lol ok. And what makes you so assured of this prediction?

If this is one of those reverse jinx threads, you need to try harder. I’m a huge Pens fan and Ovie hater and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t hit 30 and flat out flabbergasted if he doesn’t get to 20.
Not a reverse jinx, 2 goals in 10 games is absolute garbage for this guy. I would not be surprised to see him retire mid season if things don't sort out for him out of shame. A winner like him can't handle embarrassement for too long.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
37 goals 33 assists in 75 games

That means he needs 35 goals in 65 games, 64 games if he doesn't score this 3rd period. Not sure how you think it's realistic to put up around a 50 goal pace

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
wrong thread, but it's way too early for this one to say either way. Let's see if he does his traditional winter bender before writing him off, eh?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Lol ok. And what makes you so assured of this prediction?

Not a reverse jinx, 2 goals in 10 games is absolute garbage for this guy. I would not be surprised to see him retire mid season if things don't sort out for him out of shame. A winner like him can't handle embarrassement for too long.
He had a stretch last year where he only scored 3 goals in 14 games and he still had 45 over the entire season.

Players go through hot and cold streaks all the time, people just make way more of a deal when it’s at the start of the season.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I haven't watched a single Capitals game, can anyone comment on how he looks?
He hasn’t been great, he’s been fighting the puck a lot and just hasn’t looked himself. He’s been a little more engaged recently but yeah, it’s been a rough start of the season for him (and pretty much everyone on the Caps offensively).

However, this thread is ridiculous. I find it hard to believe Ovechkin is all the sudden a 15 goal scorer. One thing about Ovechkin is that he feeds off momentum, when things start going in for him they often keep going in, that’s why he has had so many stretches in his career where he scores in bundles. I think at his age it just takes longer to get going sometimes, and it wouldn’t hurt for him to go extra hard on his conditioning at his age. He’s been such a physical freak for so long, seeming to always be fine no matter what, but that gets harder with age. Right now he seems like when people become shocked to realize they can’t stay out as late as they used to in college as they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad