Will our defenceman be ready for our cup window?

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
We were in the conference finals last year were they ready then?

Would we have beaten nrw york if Tinordi and Beaulieu had been prepared?

We were barely even getting zone entries, couldnt get passed their blue line. I dont see how Beaulieu or Tinordi would've fixed that.

smon

Sep 12, 2008
What cup window?

We've been two years away from contention for about 10 years...

Technically correct but practically... come on. If you are not a fan of the current core group and their future contention changes you must really be forgetting some of the rosters the Habs have iced in the past 10 years.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
With Hudon, Reway, Andrighetto, Scherbak, Galchenyuk, Audette, Thomas, Lehkonen, McCarron, Gallagher all vying for top 9 spots, + Tokarski and Fucale, Hopefully we'll have enough trade bait to land a premier defender.

Right now, I don't think small, unestablished forwards have much trade value. That could change if Johnson and the lightning are successful in the post season.

But you're right, since so many of our small forwards are so promising and since we can't keep them all, we will have trade chips.

I'm glad the first small forward to go was Collberg in the Vanek trade. I had him rated below all the small forwards you listed except Thomas (was before camp) and we didn't have Audette yet.

I'm really high on Hudon, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, and Reway. I hold out hope for Thomas and I'm optimistic about Audette's potential. I have to see him at the next level to get excited about him.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Without trades/UFA signings our cup window such as it is ends with Markov no longer being a top pairing guy.

We have two top pairing defenceman right now in Subban and Markov, and I doubt Beaulieu will become as good as Markov is so that's a downgrade on something we already need to improve on.

We need to either acquire another top-4 guy to stabilize our D, or hope that either Beaulieu or Tinordi takes a huge step development wise while Markov is still a top end guy.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Like it's been said they should make their rookie mistakes this season. Instead they let old over-the-hill vets do the same mistakes.

Tinordi-Subban Markov-Beaulieu should be the top 4. I think both PK and Andrei would thrive as leaders for these guys.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Without trades/UFA signings our cup window such as it is ends with Markov no longer being a top pairing guy.

We have two top pairing defenceman right now in Subban and Markov, and I doubt Beaulieu will become as good as Markov is so that's a downgrade on something we already need to improve on.

We need to either acquire another top-4 guy to stabilize our D, or hope that either Beaulieu or Tinordi takes a huge step development wise while Markov is still a top end guy.

This!!! As soon as Marky is done, we then have to fill one of the biggest holes on the roster all over again. Our window is now, but we need an addition or 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad