Will Oilers beat 1993 Team record 11 game losing streak?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I thought it would end yesterday. I'm half hoping for a record to be set so that something is done. I'm just afraid that it'll be a garbage trade when value is low

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
they arent going to beat it......they are going to destroy it and entrench a 15 game streak that we will tell our grandkids about

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
If they lose out they're guaranteed a top two pick. :laugh:
Just saying. :cry:
Funny how hockey season now seems to happen in the summer when we get the draft and can look forward to the future. Ends in October / early November when we see how bad the team actually is.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Jets STH here. Hate to break it to you guys but the word is out that Pavelec will be starting tomorrow. Your "streak" ends tomorrow.

FWIW.. The Jets 1.0 still hold the record for consecutive games played without a win. 30 games back during the 1980-81 season.

Jul 19, 2012
Jets STH here. Hate to break it to you guys but the word is out that Pavelec will be starting tomorrow. Your "streak" ends tomorrow.

FWIW.. The Jets 1.0 still hold the record for consecutive games played without a win. 30 games back during the 1980-81 season.

I thought the Sharks had the record at 34 games.

Our hope was Arizona. The Jets don't want to be the team that loses to this team. Streak continues. I think another 7 games.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

You could tell me that Ty Conklin was signed for a one day contract on emergency basis and has to play without having a single practice, and I would still be confident of an Oilers loss.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't know if anyone here really understands how bad that team was in 1993.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000411993.html

Our star forward was Bernie Nicholls and he got traded 46 games in.
Craig Simpson was slowing down from injury and was gone the next year.
Esa Tikkanen was traded at the trade deadline.
Doug Weight came in and played 13 games.
Peter Klima was a first line forward on our team that year. *dies*
Dave Manason was by far our best d-man. He was a good player.
Muni was traded to Chicago

Louie DeBrusk
205 PIM
Shayne Corson 209 PIM
Dave Manson - put up 210 PIM, 45 points and was a -28
Scott Mellanby 147 PIM (Man he used to hit hard back then)
Luke Richardson 142 PIM
Kelly Buchberger 133 PIM
Mac-T had 110 PIM

Heck... PETER KLIMA HAD 100PIM THAT YEAR!

Martin Gelinas was the only full time player that was a plus... which is weird because that guy used to fall down a lot.

1 30 goal scorer.
1 20 goal scorer.
3 15-16 goal scorers.
6 10-14 goal scorers.

Nobody cracked 50 points.
5 players had 40-48 points.
4 players had 30-33 points.
3 players had 20-24 points.

Of all the players who were not traded to or from Edmonton, only six of them played more than 70 games.

Randord (17-38-6) stopped 84.4% of shots and had a 3.84 G.A.A.
Tugnutt (9-12-2) stopped 88% of shots and his G.A.A was over 4.
Ranford had the ONLY shutout that year.

---------------------------------------------------------

I honestly wouldn't want to guess of what the CORSI% of this team was. This team downright sucked, but it had every right to suck.

We'd just sold off all of our star players and we were not done selling off anyone else with noteworthy past because our owner was bankrupt.

The city was in pain and a lot of people were angry. It wasn't a happy place to play hockey. The players were pissed off to be in this position. They didn't want to lose and a number of them were sore losers.

If you ran one of our few capable players, we were going to send waves of thugs to kick your ass in.

Anyone who was too young to remember, you can't possibly imagine how bad this season was. This was the worst hockey I ever watched in my whole ****ing life.

You can't compare today's roster to that one. You just can't

If we can lose 11 straight then there's a bigger problem with this organization than any of us can imagine.

It's the coaching, it's probably the management and it's the wrong mix of players. Of all the players we've got, who wouldn't find a job elsewhere?

That team had way more bums that didn't belong on the ice but had to be there to eat up a few minutes.

On any given night we have 1-3 players on our team that wouldn't make it on any other team in the NHL, but I bet there are teams out there that would give 1-2 of those players a chance.

If we lose our next game I'm not even going to flinch. This team is the most gynormous contradiction in sports history.

Please get rid of Eberle and Schultz. I'd take Eberle and Schultz for the Schenns and pay for 2M of Eberle's salary this year only in a heart beat.

Give me more heart. Give me more team players. Give me some gritty players that can play a few minutes effectively instead of going through the motions carelessly and looking like a total jackass 1/2 of the time.

Who cares if Eberle scores 40 goals playing with Giroux next year. The Schenns will make us a better team and if Taylor Hall doesn't clue in after his buddy is traded, I'm certain that there's a deal out there to be made to get us a 1st pairing right handed d-man.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oilers win in Winnipeg to break the losing streak. Book it.

The Jets have an astounding G.A.A, they play tough and they can score dirty goals.

That's the worst kind of team for us to play against IMO.

To me, the Jet's are like a lighter version of the L.A Kings.

I'll give us a chance against the Rangers. Past that I don't know who we'd be facing in the near future that could give us a 2 point win... and as for Western teams... if we can't beat Phoenix or Calgary.... *head implodes*

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
The current Oilers record for most losses in a row spans from October 16 - November 7 1993 at 11 games. We currently sit at 9. We will tie/break that record?

(fun fact, MacT was sent out of Edmonton later that season :naughty: )
oh boy i remember that season....Terrible Teddy Green got canned and Slats took over as a coach. Slats made desperate trades, such as acquiring Stapleton from Pens just hours before the Leafs game in old Gardens, still remember that his lettering on the jerseys was all funky. some locker room conflicts between Corson and Arnott. Mironov was a give away machine like Niikitin. The one season wonder emergence of Brent Grieve.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

I wouldn't be worried about Pavelec starting if I was you. Mike Smith hasn't been able to stop a beach ball all year long and we made him look like an all star last night.

This team is so bad right now and with nothing being done to try to fix it every futility streak is in jeopardy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad