Will Oilers beat 1993 Team record 11 game losing streak?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The current Oilers record for most losses in a row spans from October 16 - November 7 1993 at 11 games. We currently sit at 9. We will tie/break that record?

(fun fact, MacT was sent out of Edmonton later that season :naughty: )

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
It's gonna be close. Arizona, then Winnipeg. If we can manage to lose both of those games, we'll probably lose 13 straight as we get a double dose of the Sharks after these two games. Oh wait, 15 straight as we get another double dose of the Ducks.

Man oh man, if the Oilers don't want to relegated they have to win at least one of the next two games.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
Well I certainly wouldn't bet against the Oilers losing. This could be a record setting year in all the wrong ways.

I swear I wasn't this pessimistic three weeks ago.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I am pretty tense about the next 2 games, but if we can just get past Phoenix and the Jets, I think we've got a real shot at extending The Streak to 15 or more. I have my fingers crossed.

I have to explain to people that I don't really want the Oilers to lose so they finish last... I want the Oilers to lose so that change might happen.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I have to explain to people that I don't really want the Oilers to lose so they finish last... I want the Oilers to lose so that change might happen.

I want them to lose for both reasons.

On topic, I think this bunch has a real shot at the 15 or more. Maybe if then can hit 20, a full quarter of the season, someone might actually get fired. Like Howson's assistant, or even the guy who fixes MacT's computer.

What's really scary is that we aren't even in January's yet. Which is our traditional suck fest.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site

I feel the same way. I will frankly be embarrassed if we are picking last yet again. I just want heads to roll. I hope we win every game after Lowe and MacT are gone, but I hope they don't win another game while those losers are still employed.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Coyotes and Jets up next. If we do managed to lose those games, we might shatter the losing streak record because it's Sharksx2 and Ducksx2 for the next 4 games.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm hoping for a record setting losing streak just in the hopes that it will actually cause some real change with this organization. There should be no way that a team with three 1st overall's playing in their 5th, 4th and 3rd year, as well as numerous other high draft picks should be this bad.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

On topic, I think this bunch has a real shot at the 15 or more. Maybe if then can hit 20, a full quarter of the season, someone might actually get fired. Like Howson's assistant, or even the guy who fixes MacT's computer.

What's really scary is that we aren't even in January's yet. Which is our traditional suck fest.

Haha

Highlight of Edmonton Oilers 2014-15 season - winless the entire season against Western Conference opponents

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

All of those guys are too high up on the totem pole to lose their jobs. You need to keep some cover for the big boys and once you get around to firing the computer guy things just seem too close for comfort.

Sad isn't it!

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I bet we cause other teams to fire their coaches and GM's because they lose to us at some point this season. A team that loses to us should re-examine their coaching staff:laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The current Oilers record for most losses in a row spans from October 16 - November 7 1993 at 11 games. We currently sit at 9. We will tie/break that record?

(fun fact, MacT was sent out of Edmonton later that season :naughty: )

Let's hope that they do and that history repeats itself.

Marc08

Mar 17, 2006
Why not try "Longest road stretch without regulation win"? The team record for that stretch was 28 games, between December 23, 2009 – October 28, 2010.

This record won't happen until March 12, 2015.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm hoping for a record setting losing streak just in the hopes that it will actually cause some real change with this organization. There should be no way that a team with three 1st overall's playing in their 5th, 4th and 3rd year, as well as numerous other high draft picks should be this bad.

i think most of us are right there with you.... i can't, in any good faith, cheer for this team anymore, as long as lowe and mact are still employed

i'll be cheering for a loss each and every game until those two are both fired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad