Will NBCSN be blacked out for Game 3?

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Living in Richmond, I get 0 game coverage. However, there are kind souls who stream games on the Internet. Just a heads up.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Kdoc is fine if you have it in hd, I see no difference. I hated it when Verizon didn't have it in hd tho

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
We don't get KDOC in Vegas. We still get blacked out though on National TV and KDOC broadcasts on Center Ice.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I'm well aware of that, just would prefer FSW/PT, in the comfort of my home. Worse comes to worse find a stream. I tend to get loud, especially for playoff games. :rant:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'm well aware of that, just would prefer FSW/PT, in the comfort of my home. Worse comes to worse find a stream. I tend to get loud, especially for playoff games. :rant:
You might prefer FS, but KDOC is picking up games that FS didn't want. So the choice is really KDOC or no broadcast.

I know it sucks extra for your market, but the other good thing about KDOC is it's an over-the-air channel. So people who don't have cable can watch Ducks games.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Kdoc is fine if you have it in hd, I see no difference. I hated it when Verizon didn't have it in hd tho

I remember when the Ducks first started appearing on KDOC...no joke the broadcasts felt vintage. :laugh:

It is basically the same as FSPT now. In truth, I am grateful to them. Thanks to KDOC, Duck fans can now watch every single game on local television.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Why do you say that? I think their picture quality is as good as Fox or any of the other networks.

Because I don't get it in Vegas and nbcsports still manages to get blacked out here since I only get socal feeds.

I have to watch a playoff game on a stream

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Because I don't get it in Vegas and nbcsports still manages to get blacked out here since I only get socal feeds.

I have to watch a playoff game on a stream

Well, be thankful it's only a few games a year. But as Snark pointed out, fox passed on the KDOC games. So even without KDOC you would be watching a stream.

Henry owns KDOC which probably accounts for why they pick up the left over games.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
That's perfectly understandable. What's BS is the blackout rules to begin with in this situation. We're in the "local market", but KDOC isn't available. Therefore, we shouldn't get the KDOC games blacked out on CI and NBCSN.

It's also too bad regular season baseball takes precedence over playoff hockey with Fox, but that isn't likely to ever change.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That's perfectly understandable. What's BS is the blackout rules to begin with in this situation. We're in the "local market", but KDOC isn't available. Therefore, we shouldn't get the KDOC games blacked out on CI and NBCSN.

It's also too bad regular season baseball takes precedence over playoff hockey with Fox, but that isn't likely to ever change.

I hear ya. I'm fed up with the whole cable/satellite industry.

SmackCrackleNPop

Apr 8, 2007
Stanton, CA
If cable/satellite companies weren't so greedy I can see a future where games wouldn't get blacked out and you can order channels a la carte instead of being forced into higher/more expensive packages. I really just need the sports channels.

Even though I'm an Angels fan, I'm not happy I can't catch any Dodger or Laker games because I don't have the right television provider.

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
I have Center Ice with DirecTv and what's interesting is the regular season games televised by KDOC will be available on the away team's broadcast. This is normally blacked out when televised by FSW/PT. So maybe NBCSN won't be blacked out tomorrow. Time will tell.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I have Center Ice with DirecTv and what's interesting is the regular season games televised by KDOC will be available on the away team's broadcast. This is normally blacked out when televised by FSW/PT. So maybe NBCSN won't be blacked out tomorrow. Time will tell.

NBC is considered a national broadcast. It will be blacked out.

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
Maybe Pitt and Columbus will go to 4OT's, resulting in the entire Ducks game being on NHL Network. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad