Will Nail Yakupov ever return?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Guy has zero hockey sense and he isn’t very good. He has made no progress since being drafted (I’d argue he’s a worse hockey player since being drafted) and he seems to point fingers at everyone but himself as to why he hasn’t had success in the NHL.

So no.
Still young enough to change his ways a bit , has the tools wouldn't surprise me if he came back in eight years

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Really ? I would rather have one for every Wilson or marchand thread . If we got a choice yam would be low on my list.
Ha - ya I suppose, but Yak is about the "lowest calibre player/total threads" leader.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Not good enough for top 6
Lacks the skills/commitment to play bottom 6.

The magic 8 ball says " does not look good"

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Fail will never return to the NHL.
The Modern Daigle basicly, Daigle actually had a few decent seasons though.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
It's pretty crazy to look at that draft year and sort by points... draft picks ALLLLLLL over the place

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It's is pretty crazy to look at that draft year and sort by points... draft picks ALLLLLLL over the place

Second to last past pick in that draft in the 7th round made it to the NHL Jaycob Megna & is still in NA hockey via AHL while Nail Yakupov is in KHL. If it weren't for our deep depth he might be up right now as 7th D-man.

Reactions: Bando

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Fail will never return to the NHL.
The Modern Daigle basicly, Daigle actually had a few decent seasons though.

Thats kinda insulting to Daigle tbh... he had a much better career.

Whole 2012 draft 1st round is weak as f***. Its not a good draft.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Doubt one of the worst #1 picks ever will suddenly "find his IQ and game". lol

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Eh. There’s some natural talent there but unless he completely turns around his game, especially in terms of the mental side of things then I can’t imagine a team bothering. I figured he atleast would get a shot solely on the fact that he seems like a good kid, but considering he didn’t exactly have the smoothest departure and teams may not see the upside being worth the effort. At this point he basically still needs to be “developed”.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Level of busting goes hand in hand with level of expectations, so no, Yakupov isn’t a bigger bust than Daigle. He’s a worse player though.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
No.

With the way he's been playing in the KHL he might not last long there either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad