Speculation: Will Monday's Epic Game Alter The Course Of The Sens Season?

Will This Epic Win Lead To A Lot More Wins?

• Total voters

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Battle Of Ontario: Reviewing An Epic Comeback And Its Potential Impact

I wrote something up pretty much just recapping how much a thriller this game was. I started with when the tide began to turn and took it from there. However, I end the article with the fact that there is a chance that this kind of win has the potential to be a turning point. A potential moment for the sens to burn the 3 - 12 -1 Ottawa Senators and be reborn from the ashes with newfound identity. The young core of 1st year full time NHLers learned they are not only able to compete with the top talent the Leafs put on the ice, but they are able to beat them in epic fashion. The kids may have realized, if they can beat the hyper-talented Leafs, then they can beat a whole lot more teams with less talent. The questions I pose and would like to open the floor up for the discussion of is:

Is this win a cornerstone? Did this group of young studs find their identity in this comeback? Will the Senators be a different team to play against the rest of the Season?

Edit: Sorry For the Same Answer twice I tried to add a different option and obviously failed

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Unfortunately, coming back against the Leafs doesn't change the fact that the team sucks.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Not really no, but they are playing more competitively in general the last 7 or 8 games, so I think what we've seen through that stretch is more of what to expect.

Not getting spanked, but losing a lot is about what I expect for the rest of the year.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The answer is an obvious No.

How ever, we should be able to win mora than we have in this weak a** division.

Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary are all garbage

Toronto is strong offensively, but no where a contender, and is beatable

Montreal only looks good because all other teams suck in this division

Winnipeg is a good team and will continue to get better as the season progresses

Reactions: Yak

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You can make a case that if there even average goaltending, the team might have 2 more wins at best, maybe 6-10-1, or 7-9 .

Can they build on this win? I doubt it. There are too many other variables at play. All i know is they will never forget that game, and they shouldn't forget how or why they did what they did.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
New season starts today.

Edit: Only two people voted "Yes"??? Shaaaaaame.

You get nothing for getting it right, better to have faith and hope for the best than to be negative and realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad