Speculation: Will Michael Cammalleri get a contract?

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think he gets a contract. I believe he should retire he had two good reasons for the devils scoring 27 and 20 goals then his injuries came into play and when he was healthy couldn't find the back of the net. If he does manage to get signed I can see him pulling a Brian Gionta with the Bruins late in the year on a contender.

Reactions: iSophagus

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
PTO or a 1 way deal in the AHL.

Give him a full year to rehab all the injuries and try and get some of his legs back.
Was always a gud pro

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
He wasn't given a decent chance to showcase what he has in Los Angeles. He was initially slotted on the first line to play with Kopitar and Brown. But rookie Alex Iafallo turned heads during training camp and ended up securing that spot. Cammy was unfortunately not effective in a bottom 6 role and couldn't hold a spot on the roster as a result. I think he is still a good option for a team that needs a top 6 winger. I think if he is given the chance, he is still good for 15-20 goals.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He wasn't given a decent chance to showcase what he has in Los Angeles. He was initially slotted on the first line to play with Kopitar and Brown. But rookie Alex Iafallo turned heads during training camp and ended up securing that spot. Cammy was unfortunately not effective in a bottom 6 role and couldn't hold a spot on the roster as a result. I think he is still a good option for a team that needs a top 6 winger. I think if he is given the chance, he is still good for 15-20 goals.
agreed. I was surprised when the devils bought him out as when healthy I thought he was one of their better forwards and they did not need the cap room

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Right attitude: Check
Play Centre: Check

Cammalleri is not really a centre. He only has 1 season of 500+ FO and only 5/15 over 300 FO. For reference, 154 players took 300+ FO last year. That is 4.96 player per team.

He's a winger that can play some centre.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
PTO imo. Maybe he goes the Clune route and becomes a good pro mentor for an AHL team while making decent money and getting to still play. After a few years he can transition onto the coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad