Will Matthews/Marner/Nylander finish 1/2/3 in rookie scoring?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Obviously, the great young trio of Leaf rookies is red hot right now. Matthews is pulling away in the Calder race and might even hit 40 goals this season. Nylander just won his second rookie of the month award. And Marner is right there with them both, tied with Nylander at 59 points.

Will Nylander and Marner pass Laine, to give the Leafs a 1/2/3 finish?

Laine has gotten pretty cold, while the Leaf triumvirate has gone into overdrive lately.

Who here thinks it will happen? Besides me, that is. ;)

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Definitely possible. I wouldn't bet on it though. I do want to see it though, if for nothing else than to see the salt pouring in on these boards.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Possible. All 3 are really hot right now. (Marner is snapping out of it).
They are the 1st rookies in 42 years to lead their team in scoring (Rookies finishing 1,2,3).

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I think whether Laine finishes 2nd or 4th, it won't really matter. He's still very good.

But he'll likely finish in 4th.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Nah I think Laine will pick up a couple more points before the Jets are done. Maybe 1,2,4 or 1,3,4

Well the worst they can do is 1,3,4
1,2,3, had very strong possibilities until Laine got the empty net secondary assist. Marner, Nylander would only be 2 points back with two games in hand. If I was betting I'd say 1,2,4.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
will there be 7 million more posts about the leafs rookies being good?
yes.

Goes the other way, there are 7 million posts about the Leafs sucking. You should have seen this place from 2009-11, the hype over the Kessel trade was non-stop. (Ironically trading Seguin and Hamilton was ridiculed by Boston fans the most).

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Goes the other way, there are 7 million posts about the Leafs sucking. You should have seen this place from 2009-11, the hype over the Kessel trade was non-stop. (Ironically trading Seguin and Hamilton was ridiculed by Boston fans the most).

the leafs didn't suck for only one season

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hfboards taking their medicine after years of Leaf ridiculed. Don't dish it out, if you can't take it, when the tables turn is the lesson to be learned.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
the leafs didn't suck for only one season

And what does that have to do with it? The laughing at Leaf fans expenses was non-stop. Be a big boy and take it as well as you dish it out.
I will never forget this place the night Kessel was picked last at the All-Star game. My god it's like you all won the super bowl. And it was an exhibition game with a gimmick

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
I believe Laine is more in a slump than his offensive game has "vanished" becuse of fatigue like some have said or hit the so called rookie wall. His production early on might have been "unsustainable" due to really high shooting% and playing with Scheifele, but I think he is more of a snake-bitten now than everything. His lack of offensive production is unsustainable now too, he's had decent amount of chances these past games, but his shots seem to go way off and he seemingly whiffs on them too quite oddly. More of a confidence issue than anything it looks. Not saying it's guaranteed he will start producing again for the last games, but there's a good chance he will pot a few.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
1, 2, 3? My bet is no, Laine will stay in the mix. Possible the Leafs could finish with 5 rookies in top 10 rookie scoring. Brown and Zaitsev currently 10 & 12th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad